how much time off before exam?

talking about the last week or two before exam day. i have the week off before the exam. how much off (if any) are yall taking?

I have never took off before the actual exam but I usually don’t study the day before. This year I am taking 1 month off (actually quitting my job early) so I can pass and then start grad school.

I’m also taking off one week before the exam.

3 days hollar.

Two weeks.

0 days. I took a week off for my first stab at L2 and it didn’t really do much for me. My logic is that by the last week I should pretty much be prepared and a few extra days isn’t going to make or break me passing this thing. Though taking the day off before could make sense just to let yourself relax.

15 days before the exam I am going for a service trip to South America ( 1 week ) . I will be back for Saturday before the big one. Hopefully I can take some CFAI text and some Schweser books along , otherwise I am toast

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Two weeks. Must work for the government

1 day. Fridays off in May.

I took a week off before the exam last year and didn’t pass… Thinking I might try the Fridays off in May approach.

1 day - to relax and dont think about anything :slight_smile:

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bpdulog Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Two weeks. > > Must work for the government You’re about 6 months late on that one, I used to.

I was kidding mate. I would love two weeks so I am jealous more than anything.

I am taking off the 2nd week of May and the week before the exam.

week off in Portugal end of April

>>My logic is that by the last week I should pretty much be prepared and a few extra days isn’t going to make or break me passing this thing. Even if you were a band 9 or 10? I always took the last week off before each exam and I am a guy who put in like 400 hours of study at level II and III so not like it was a big cram session. First, it provides a nice break from work distractions. My days were roughly, get up put in about 4 hours, hit the gym, shower, lunch, put in another 3-4 hours, relax in the evening and wake up well rested to do it again. Come Friday, I’d do some light review (no practice problems, just reading!) be done by noon and relax. I think a good goal is to not need or rely on that last week, be prepared to take the exam on May 30, then take that week off and treat it like a luxury.

think about how much you can memorize short term in two extra days. you could memorize at least 6 long formulas if that is all you worked on a majority of those days. Short term memory is a fascinating concept to me. I was surprised last year that I was able to recall a few formulas I found in the material that I hadnt see (in CFAI text) the thursday before the exam. This came up on the exam and I remembered it, but couldnt remember it a couple days past that. I think the closer we get to the exam, the more time you should put in up until Friday. everyone is different though. to each their own

I wish I could take at least a couple of days…I am sure it would help…but hey…didn’t take more than half a day before and here I am…I guess…it wouldn’t hurt to take few days off, but by then, either you are prepared…or you are not.