How often do firms pay the Base Salary ?

As the title says, is this every two weeks or monthly ? I’m talking Consulting in the US. Also, does anyone know how bonuses are computed by Consulting firms ? I will probably bring this up at my next interview, but wanted to have some info to go with. Thanks

You’re going to ask about how a company pays in an interview? Seriously?

Lol, so now you see where some of my frustration comes in Turkish? Jock, I won’t tell you how stupid a question this is or how idiotic it would be for you to bring up in an interview. There, I’ve kept my word. BTW, it’s most likely every two weeks, or even weekly. Monthly is pretty unusual. Now, for the non-idiotic part of your question, bonuses are computed as (generally) some combination of the firm’s performance as well as your personal performance, although this varies by firm. Were you to ask about this in your first interview you wouldn’t get laughed out of the building, but I wouldn’t recommend it, either.

hm…seems to me that the answers to these questions can be discovered in any number of ways, so asking in an interview would not be recommended

This stuff should all be laid out to you in an offer, and there is a correlation between asking about compensation and getting an offer…and its not a positive number.

lol

Usually, you get paid at least monthly but more typical is every two weeks or 2x per month. But, who really cares? Would one structure vs. another make or break the deal for you?

Soon as you walk in, before even shaking hands, you should ask that question right away, interrupting any informal greetings. Let us know how it goes.

Ask it, then ask the feedback. Oh, normally you get e-mail so you might have to call in to ask for the feedback.

I get paid monthly and I love it.

goblue06 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I get paid monthly and I love it. So you will get paid this month the same amount of times that Michigan wins a football game!!

her in Continental Europe we get paid on a daily basis, five times a week in general, whenever we leave in the evening they give us a little envelope containing a few coins

goblue06 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I get paid monthly and I love it. Same here. Get paid on the 15th of every month. Two weeks ahead and two weeks behind.

You don’t get into the consulting game to get paid…you do it for love. If you don’t know that, Jock, take your first 2 weeks off, then quit.

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goblue06 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I get paid monthly and I love it. > > > > > So you will get paid this month the same amount of > times that Michigan wins a football game!! We can’t all have the same luck as you guys have had. Those wins over Robert Morris, Urbana, Central State, and Fordham are impressive. I’m putting Dayton #1 on my ballot this week.

Any and all who did attempt to help, please accept my sincere thanks. Regards, J