How to avoid the need for bathroom breaks

I actually saw a few fellow candidates drinking coffee. I couldn’t believe it. Caffeine is a diuretic, and that means you’ll need more bathroom breaks. Here’s what I did: 1. I only drank apple juice and water for breakfast and lunch. More importantly, I limited the amount I drank. For the same reason, I don’t buy drinks when I go see a movie in the theater. One nice thing about watching a movie at home is not having to avoid drinking before the movie, since I can just use the pause button to create my own intermission. 2. My breakfast and lunch were my usual light meals low in fat and sodium. My breakfast was 2 homemade oat bran muffins, some dried fruit, a juice pack of apple juice, and a few sips of water. My lunch was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole grain bread, a homemade oat bran muffin, some dried fruit, a juice pack of apple juice, and a few sips of water. The last thing I needed was the sluggish, sleepy feeling I get when I eat a large breakfast or large lunch. Excessive sodium makes it impossible for me to drink the right amount, as no amount of drinking can get rid of the parched feeling, but I end up having to use the bathroom frequently anyway. 3. I also made sure to use the bathroom about 15 minutes before the exams, just to make sure my bladder and bowels were empty.

I had an all liquid diet the 1.5 days before the exam. Then I dehydrated myself starting midnight of exam day. It worked, didn’t need to use the bathroom during the CFA Level 2 exam and was able to get through the exams twice with time to spare for a 3rd round of checking and skimming.

Since you brought it up, maybe we can discuss… .How can one ever be really sure that one’s bowels are empty?

You can’t. You can only make sure there’s a high probability that you won’t need to go during the 3+ hours for the morning and afternoon section.

DiehardValueInvestor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually saw a few fellow candidates drinking > coffee. I couldn’t believe it. Caffeine is a > diuretic, and that means you’ll need more bathroom > breaks. > > Here’s what I did: > 1. I only drank apple juice and water for > breakfast and lunch. More importantly, I limited > the amount I drank. For the same reason, I don’t > buy drinks when I go see a movie in the theater. > One nice thing about watching a movie at home is > not having to avoid drinking before the movie, > since I can just use the pause button to create my > own intermission. > 2. My breakfast and lunch were my usual light > meals low in fat and sodium. My breakfast was 2 > homemade oat bran muffins, some dried fruit, a > juice pack of apple juice, and a few sips of > water. My lunch was a peanut butter and jelly > sandwich on whole grain bread, a homemade oat bran > muffin, some dried fruit, a juice pack of apple > juice, and a few sips of water. The last thing I > needed was the sluggish, sleepy feeling I get when > I eat a large breakfast or large lunch. Excessive > sodium makes it impossible for me to drink the > right amount, as no amount of drinking can get rid > of the parched feeling, but I end up having to use > the bathroom frequently anyway. > 3. I also made sure to use the bathroom about 15 > minutes before the exams, just to make sure my > bladder and bowels were empty. Well done. I always tell everyone to get enough sleep the day before and eat a low fat, low sugar lunch on the day of.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had an all liquid diet the 1.5 days before the > exam. > > Then I dehydrated myself starting midnight of exam > day. > > It worked, didn’t need to use the bathroom during > the CFA Level 2 exam and was able to get through > the exams twice with time to spare for a 3rd round > of checking and skimming. nice strategy, sublimity. did you also whack off vigorously the night before, so that you won’t be distracted by any dudes during the exam when hormones kick in?

DiehardValueInvestor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually saw a few fellow candidates drinking > coffee. I couldn’t believe it. Caffeine is a > diuretic, and that means you’ll need more bathroom > breaks. > > Here’s what I did: > 1. I only drank apple juice and water for > breakfast and lunch. More importantly, I limited > the amount I drank. For the same reason, I don’t > buy drinks when I go see a movie in the theater. > One nice thing about watching a movie at home is > not having to avoid drinking before the movie, > since I can just use the pause button to create my > own intermission. > 2. My breakfast and lunch were my usual light > meals low in fat and sodium. My breakfast was 2 > homemade oat bran muffins, some dried fruit, a > juice pack of apple juice, and a few sips of > water. My lunch was a peanut butter and jelly > sandwich on whole grain bread, a homemade oat bran > muffin, some dried fruit, a juice pack of apple > juice, and a few sips of water. The last thing I > needed was the sluggish, sleepy feeling I get when > I eat a large breakfast or large lunch. Excessive > sodium makes it impossible for me to drink the > right amount, as no amount of drinking can get rid > of the parched feeling, but I end up having to use > the bathroom frequently anyway. > 3. I also made sure to use the bathroom about 15 > minutes before the exams, just to make sure my > bladder and bowels were empty. Who cares

I have to admit, I thought back to all my fights with random people (including you and Mobius Striptease) and couldn’t stop laughing in the middle of the exam. Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I had an all liquid diet the 1.5 days before > the > > exam. > > > > Then I dehydrated myself starting midnight of > exam > > day. > > > > It worked, didn’t need to use the bathroom > during > > the CFA Level 2 exam and was able to get > through > > the exams twice with time to spare for a 3rd > round > > of checking and skimming. > > nice strategy, sublimity. did you also whack off > vigorously the night before, so that you won’t be > distracted by any dudes during the exam when > hormones kick in?

I went to Mcds and had a big breakfast before taking one of the CFA exams one time.

I always have to pee so it doesn’t matter man Doc says I have an over-active bladder or something…

Have you guys ever had your ipod ear bud descend from your ear and enter the pee stream? Do you let the pee dry or wash off with water?

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Doc says I have an over-active bladder or > something… You’re hoping it’s from an enlarged prostate so he can check that out… right?

mine is too, from a very large pen**

Back in the day, I just shat myself and started throwing it at people trying to write out IPS. That was when CFA was a hardcore, dog eat dog, anything goes pursuit.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have you guys ever had your ipod ear bud descend > from your ear and enter the pee stream? Do you > let the pee dry or wash off with water? LOL… <3 Let the pee dry, obv.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ValueAddict Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Doc says I have an over-active bladder or > > something… > > You’re hoping it’s from an enlarged prostate so he > can check that out… right? Nah he just made me tinkle into a cup a few times

ValueAddict, I invited you to ‘chat’ on gmail recently with no reply. Where is the love?

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ValueAddict, I invited you to ‘chat’ on gmail > recently with no reply. Where is the love? Wait - was it valueaddict83@gmail.com? Sorry I deleted the account because too many lurkers were like “hi my name is theodore can you give me answer key please…” I have a new e-mail address. Handle ^ GT@gmail.com. If you lurkers f* with me again I will own you. Write me an e-mail so I have ur e-mail address.