How to become a CFA exam grader?

Just curious. Couldn’t find any information on the web.

sleepybird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just curious. Couldn’t find any information on > the web. You probably have to be a CFA and work at the CFAI somewhere in the department

Contact CFAI or your local society. It is my understanding that graders are volunteers and that all grading is done in Charlottesville, VA over a 2 week period.

volunteers --> Does that mean you don’t get paid? higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Contact CFAI or your local society. It is my > understanding that graders are volunteers and that > all grading is done in Charlottesville, VA over a > 2 week period.

sleepybird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > volunteers --> Does that mean you don’t get > paid? > That’s my understanding.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sleepybird Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > volunteers --> Does that mean you don’t get > > paid? > > > > > That’s my understanding. that sucks, I would never do it for “free”, there should be a “2% grading fee” and “20% performance fee on grading”

It’s 2-3 weeks normally and those days likely count towards your vacation. Why would anyone take 3 weeks off to grade exams is beyond me. However, there was someone in my office that did it once and said it was a fun experience.

It’s not free - it actually cost YOU a 3 week vacation + time. Now I hope they pay for transportation? Still don’t understand why would people do that. deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that sucks, I would never do it for “free”, there > should be a “2% grading fee” and “20% performance > fee on grading”

I think CFA instructors do that, and it makes sense. At least I knew one

There must be some sort of compensation - if not money, than free food, “networking events”, or something else. Otherwise, no one would do this.

grader! I want to be a proctor - that is where the real money is.

How to become a proctor?

sleepybird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How to become a proctor? Why? To be in a room full of guys for 6 hours?