How to become a grader?

Thanks to anyone willing to help :slight_smile: Joey in particular :smiley:

step 1 ----> clear all three levels of CFA test am i wrong? :slight_smile:

You just apply for it on the CFAI website. It takes a few years before they get back to you. Maybe you only get access to that part of the website if you have your charter.

equity_research_nds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > step 1 ----> clear all three levels of CFA test > > am i wrong? :slight_smile: You are right.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > equity_research_nds Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > step 1 ----> clear all three levels of CFA test > > > > am i wrong? :slight_smile: > > > You are right. Joey was browsing thru AF history… u seemed to become active only after 2005 …ne particular reason 2005 was year for rocketman, essex boy, SF, Goldmaker

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You just apply for it on the CFAI website. It > takes a few years before they get back to you. > Maybe you only get access to that part of the > website if you have your charter. So it matters wheter you have the charter, not whether you passed the 3 levels… am I correct?

MrDonadei Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You just apply for it on the CFAI website. It > > takes a few years before they get back to you. > > Maybe you only get access to that part of the > > website if you have your charter. > > > So it matters wheter you have the charter, not > whether you passed the 3 levels… am I correct? You need to have a charter not just pass three levels.

equity_research_nds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > equity_research_nds Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > step 1 ----> clear all three levels of CFA > test > > > > > > am i wrong? :slight_smile: > > > > > > You are right. > > > Joey was browsing thru AF history… u seemed to > become active only after 2005 …ne particular > reason > > 2005 was year for rocketman, essex boy, SF, > Goldmaker 2005 was a bad year for Joey

CSK u here pre 2005 ?

MrDonadei, Are you willing to fly to Virginia from Italy to grade the papers? Or does CFAI pay for travel expenses?

obs CFAI pays

I still need to pass Level 3, plus I need 3 y more work exp… It was just a curiosity :wink:

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MrDonadei, > > Are you willing to fly to Virginia from Italy to > grade the papers? Or does CFAI pay for travel > expenses? CFAI pays all expenses and treats you pretty nicely.

however, whether you can handle charlottesville in august is another question

I think I’m going to apply. They won’t shun me for not going 3for3, right?

Can i apply for a job to push scan tron cards through? I really want to see what it takes them 2 months to grade L1 and L2

i think i can be a good tabulator :slight_smile:

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > UAECFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > MrDonadei, > > > > Are you willing to fly to Virginia from Italy > to > > grade the papers? Or does CFAI pay for travel > > expenses? > > > CFAI pays all expenses and treats you pretty > nicely. Wow, I suppose with all those exam fees and membership dues they can really afford to splurge.

The better job would be to actually create the exam. Imagine how you can go vague on language, use small font footnotes, have a question 13 lurking behind several blank pages at the end, only test materail never ever used in actual life. That would be a dream job.

my Lv3 instructor used to do it it. he said it was a pretty sweet gig- only grade a few hrs a day, great networking, lot’s of golfing, but the pay is not much. most graders take off from work for a couple weeks to do it.