How to buy oil

does anyone know what stock or ETF i should buy if i think the price of oil will go up? waht stock has the most direct relation to the price of oil? thanks!

i’m pretty sure USO is the ETF you’re looking for

jimjohn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does anyone know what stock or ETF i should buy if > i think the price of oil will go up? waht stock > has the most direct relation to the price of oil? > thanks! Just buy Oil Futures… or ERX (3X Levered Energy Bull Fund)

DIG is my favorite.

thanks guys.

contango issues when dealing with USO, no? someone who knows more about this topic could probably explain the underlying issues…

DIG and DUG are the worst etfs i have ever traded. They dont move like the other ultra etfs because XOM is such a large weighting. DXO is good for oil

I’m not sure what the methodology is for rolling the future contracts in USO, but you definitely will have a problem if the market is in extreme contango, or at least from backwardation moving toward contango. Effectively, you’ll have a negative roll yield, and that will eat away into the return of that ETF. I want to look into this a bit more, especially how that darn instrument is traded because USO hasn’t really seem to capture oil movements fairly accurately.

anyone want to shed some light how a typical ETF is constructed and traded? thanks