How to do business in India.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/other-states/article2480483.ece A toll plaza operator killed for 0.5$. There was practically nothing to block the car from running away, and the CCTV camera was recording the operator rather than the vehicles coming in. In spite of all this, no one was sued, no one was caught, and the toll plaza is still working with the same arrangement with a new guy waiting to get shot like the previous one.

What’s the problem here, Bang Bus Driver? Don’t you know that life is cheap? This is the thing that India gets right. But don’t worry, we’re catching up in the West. Pretty soon the power elite will start eating the middle class like in “The Time Machine.”

I guess you’re right. I hope it doesn’t catch up in the west.

Spoken like a true member of the new, and temporary, rising Indian middle class. Disclosure: Short Middle Class World Wide

Haha… yea man, shorting Middle Class is the way to go. I am long everything that sells shit with discount to middle class. Even if you sell shit at discount, it’ll be shit, but Middle Class will buy it.

The culprit has been caught. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/Jobless-youth-held-for-Gurgaon-toll-plaza-murder/articleshow/10134974.cms Its not as lawless as you would imagine.

The middle class in these countries will do just fine…at least their people have their heads screwed on right. USA on the other hand…

black_label Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The culprit has been caught. > > http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/Jo > bless-youth-held-for-Gurgaon-toll-plaza-murder/art > icleshow/10134974.cms > > Its not as lawless as you would imagine. Also, BBD, have you ever bribed a cop for maybe …speeding at a signal or other such minor offenses? the official fine usually sets you back around Rs.200 (something that anyone from the ‘middle class’ , working at a half decent job can afford) but a bribe is only usually Rs.50…unless you have never bribed when paying the official fine was easily in your reach, one shouldn’t really comment on the ‘lawlessness’ and how “@#$%&” the middle class is.

reddevil_l3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > black_label Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The culprit has been caught. > > > > > http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/Jo > > > > bless-youth-held-for-Gurgaon-toll-plaza-murder/art > > > icleshow/10134974.cms > > > > Its not as lawless as you would imagine. > > > Also, BBD, have you ever bribed a cop for maybe > …speeding at a signal or other such minor > offenses? the official fine usually sets you back > around Rs.200 (something that anyone from the > ‘middle class’ , working at a half decent job can > afford) but a bribe is only usually Rs.50…unless > you have never bribed when paying the official > fine was easily in your reach, one shouldn’t > really comment on the ‘lawlessness’ and how > “@#$%&” the middle class is. I don’t understand what you’re saying?

I *think* what he said is that if you get pulled over for a traffic violation, the fine is Rs 200. However, normally people bribe the policeman with Rs 50 to escape the fine. RD then accuses BBD of hypocrisy for decrying the “lawlessness” of India, under the assumption that BBD, like most people, participates in bribery of the police.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I *think* what he said is that if you get pulled > over for a traffic violation, the fine is Rs 200. > However, normally people bribe the policeman with > Rs 50 to escape the fine. RD then accuses BBD of > hypocrisy for decrying the “lawlessness” of India, > under the assumption that BBD, like most people, > participates in bribery of the police. thanks Ohai ! too busy with earnings to clarify that !

RD man… I am not talking about corruption, neither I am talking about lawlessness nor I am being hypocrite, you are getting it totally wrong, only ChickenTikka got it right. Anyway leave it.

Bang Bus, Let me let you in on a secret, you cannot espouse an opinion on India that is not clearly and obviously 100 percent pro India in public without getting attacked, for being a racist if you are white, or a “hypocrite” if you are South Asian. Pick up a copy of the economist or watch bbcworld. Compare the coverage of Russia to India. Both are corrupt and ruled perpetually by the same people. But no one would dare criticize India.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bang Bus, > > Let me let you in on a secret, you cannot espouse > an opinion on India that is not clearly and > obviously 100 percent pro India in public without > getting attacked, for being a racist if you are > white, or a “hypocrite” if you are South Asian. > > Pick up a copy of the economist or watch bbcworld. > Compare the coverage of Russia to India. Both > are corrupt and ruled perpetually by the same > people. But no one would dare criticize India. While both may be corrupt, at least one dosen’t have a defacto dicatorship and no freedom of press.

That’s your perception because The economist told you to think that. India does not have freedom of the press anymore than Russia. You will not see anything negative printined in Indian newspapers about the ruling politicians. It is rules by a political dynasty that is hardly much different than Putin, except it has been around a hell of a lot longer.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bang Bus, > > Let me let you in on a secret, you cannot espouse > an opinion on India that is not clearly and > obviously 100 percent pro India in public without > getting attacked, for being a racist if you are > white, or a “hypocrite” if you are South Asian. > > Pick up a copy of the economist or watch bbcworld. > Compare the coverage of Russia to India. Both > are corrupt and ruled perpetually by the same > people. But no one would dare criticize India. Being attacked or being called “racist” doesn’t mean you are not free to say your opinion. Others are free to call you “racist” if they like.

Well, thats true, Palintir. But calling someone a racist is often just a tactic for changing the argument away from the real issue. True Story: I buy am brand new car a few years ago in Bombay. While parked at a red light someone rear ends me. I get out the car and say, “you f$cling idiot.” The guy who hit my parked car gets out of his car and says, “how dare you Blaspheme me!” (how dare you swear at me) Change the argument from the real problem to something else. A brilliant negotiation tactic which I now use everywhere that I learned in India.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s your perception because The economist told > you to think that. > > India does not have freedom of the press anymore > than Russia. You will not see anything negative > printined in Indian newspapers about the ruling > politicians. > > It is rules by a political dynasty that is hardly > much different than Putin, except it has been > around a hell of a lot longer. Thats not true…I read news from different countries and see a lot of trash talk about the Gandhi dynasty in Indian news media. The problem is there are a lot of ignorant illiterates in India who do not know anything better than voting for a Gandhi. Plus you have a lot of muslims in India.

Shut up, you racist!

I agree with ChickenTikka on this. You cannot say anything even mildly negative that has anything to do with anything relating to India, without people getting all defensive about it. And I think it has a lot to do with the people of India being fed only pro-India propaganda for at least 2 generations now. The only time negative comments about India are acceptable, is if they are jokingly made, and by an Indian person. It’s like black people and a certain word that starts with N. If you’re part of the group, you can joke about it, otherwise your comment is just plain wrong, and you don’t know anything about India. And you’ll here defensive statements very soon.