HOW TO DO CFA IN 20 HOURS?

Any idea as to how to do CFA in less than 20 hours? lol

you can do it w/o studying… just be very very lucky.

Or know lots of it to begin with.

20 hours? i say you read the LOS and figure out what you don’t know the most, and read those study sessions. or fly through the secret sauce. or just wing it…i know a guy who actually pulled it off (he was an IB analyst for 5 years and i guess he was quite the lucky person), but in all honesty, it doesn’t happen.

dnoyelles Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 20 hours? i say you read the LOS and figure out > what you don’t know the most, and read those study > sessions. > > or fly through the secret sauce. > > or just wing it…i know a guy who actually pulled > it off (he was an IB analyst for 5 years and i > guess he was quite the lucky person), but in all > honesty, it doesn’t happen. Sure he did…

The only way: Find a well studied candidate, a fake ID, and enough money to convince the candidate to break the Code of Ethics… within 20 hours.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dnoyelles Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 20 hours? i say you read the LOS and figure out > > what you don’t know the most, and read those > study > > sessions. > > > > or fly through the secret sauce. > > > > or just wing it…i know a guy who actually > pulled > > it off (he was an IB analyst for 5 years and i > > guess he was quite the lucky person), but in > all > > honesty, it doesn’t happen. > > > Sure he did… Lol exactly, I hate people that lie and say, “ah I didn’t study for it.” You can’t wing it all, not ethics at least. And I doubt he knew all the Econ.

Are you that well studied candidate apcarlso??? lol

^ I’ll tell you come mid January… haha.

probability of getting 1 question right: 25% given the large sample of questions n = 240 p = 25% q = 75% mean = 60 var = 240*.25*.75 = 45 std = 6.70 z = (168 - 60)/6.70 = 16.11 z at 9.5 = 1.049 E-21 so… well, there’s a chance… maybe 1 in 1 googol…

Following up on acwu’s point, one can use successive applications of the binomial probability formula to assess the likelihood of achieving 84 or more answers correct on a 120 question session (70%), with a 25% chance of answering each question correctly. I believe the likelihood is about 5 passes for every septillion or so attempts. At those odds, I believe that if everyone in the United States had completed a 120-question exam every second since the inception of the universe, chances are there would have been one or two lucky passes by now, so it’s not impossible. Of course, the chance that the same individual put together back to back lucky passes, and hence would have passed a 240 question exam, is lower. But on the bright side, the odds improve dramatically as the chance of answering each question correctly rises above 25%.

Great stuff!

Remember. Stats only tell you the chance, it doesn’t tell you when the success is. It is always possible that YOU do it! So everyone, just do the best you can!