How to drop CFA reference in court?

You left out the rest:

The Judge: “Well young man, I’m not familiar with the CFA program. What exactly is required for you to become a candidate?”

statusone: “Well your honour, to become a candidate in the CFA program, in addition to having a good natured character, one must have or be in the final year of a 4 year bachelor’s degree (or have 4 years professional work experience), speak English, understand the professional conduct requirements (which don’t actually forbid speeding), and have at least $1,080. As you can see, it is the moral equivalent of rescuing parapalegic orphans from a burning building while wearing nothing but boxer shorts and vaseline.”

The Judge: “Well young man, I must apologize for wasting your time with something as petty as a speeding ticket. Please tear it up and try to have pity on our poor souls when you decide to return to your rightful place next to God.”

Hahaha - If there has ever been an argument in favour of procrastination it’s that response. Pure brilliance Higgmond.

To OP. Speeding tickets suck but think of it as this

Did you put down your pencil after the proctor called time? No.

Did you know the rules? Yes.

So are you just upset at a minor mistake costing you big time and making an argument where there really can be none? Yes

Replace putting down pencil with speeding. It’s the old mothers speech “So it’s ok to … if everyone else is doing it?”.

C’est la vie - No one’s saying it’s fair, but life isn’t so take it on the chin and move on.

CFA Candidate - “Sorry I was speeding, your Honor. But I have good character. I passed Level 1 of the CFA exam!”

Judge - “What the hell’s a CFA exam?”

Candidate - “It’s a really hard test to become a better financial analyst.”

Judge - “I went to three years of Law School, kid. Then I passed the Bar. Don’t cry to me about ‘tests’ and ‘character’.”

^ Exactly, a kind of rule in life is that when you’re dealing with people with egos and they are in a higher rung on the food chain than you, it is best not to tout your own ego to them. They will crush you…Just like this judge is going to slap you with a $50,000 fine, your insurance premiums are going to go up FOREVER, your parents will hate you not only for this but because you are a huge disappointment that you didn’t become a doctor or an engineer and you were never quite good enough at the piano or cello. Your life will be ruined because of this, RUINED! WAS IT WORTH IT? HMMMM? You better make sure you know how to disclose this on future job applications too. I bet no one will ever give you a job once they find out you did this, even if you passed Level I.

Yep, and in his mind, the judge will be thinking, “Wall Street loving little bastard. What do you know about character. I work for the government–we’re all about character here.”

Judge - “Want to build character? Here–let me assign you to a crappy public service job for 20 hours, picking up trash along the street or working with mentally handicapped children. That builds character.”

If yous black, it would work. Otherwise you’re out of luck. Too many waspy cake eatin’ mofos who think they are above the law.

Your best bet is to hire Numi to argue your case for you. :slight_smile:

This thread is hilarious :smiley: Next thing would be statusone asking for free tickets from Air Canada because he managed to pass level 2.

That actually makes perfect sense.

This is definitely late for statusone but one should not underestimate CFA qualification in a character reference for court. How about this:

Your honour, this is my first offense and I sincerely apologize for posing a threat to public safety by driving over the speed limit. I am not really a wreckless person and I have never been charged with any criminal offense before. I do my best to be responsible in everything that I do. I strive to be useful in the society and, in fact, I have just recently passed the Level 1 examination of Chartered Financial Analyst Program, a program that aims to improve the competency of finance and investment professionals.

Don’t be mean. Looks like some people can benefit from a lecture on how a character reference for court works.