how to face my senior analyst at work

joemontana, I hate to break this to you, but you don’t know employment law. In America, there is this thing called employment at will. You can be fired for ANY reason that is not discriminatory (like race, gender, religion, etc.). I don’t understand how having sex with a subordinate is considered ok?!! That’s beyond my ability to comprehend that you all compare this to “two consenting adults.” That’s bull sh*t. Suff like this is perfect for making an employer culpable for sexual harrassment suits and for public humiliation of the firm.

What’s the big deal. It’s not ideal but life goes on…this sort of crap happens all the time. It’s not like they planned this out and flirted at work (that would be inappropriate) As far as I am concerned, what happens off of company property off of company time is none of the company’s business unless it involved something which would bring harm to the company (ie discussing secrets, or this causing undue friction at work). Bring it down a notch kkent, your going unneccesarily bezerk over this and probably not helping the gentlemen’s already nervous situation

Ya this is no big deal, I wouldn’t be worried and I am paranoid about most things. kkent, calm down man. Not everyone subscribes to your belief system.

The main thing is to make sure nobody knows about it. Nobody. If you can manage that you will be fine. I know you probably will want to brag about it to someone at some point. Don’t.

What if you knocked her up? It’d be some sort of prohibited financial love child. I think Ayn Rynd wrote a song about that.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s the big deal. It’s not ideal but life goes > on…this sort of crap happens all the time. It’s > not like they planned this out and flirted at work > (that would be inappropriate) > > As far as I am concerned, what happens off of > company property off of company time is none of > the company’s business unless it involved > something which would bring harm to the company > (ie discussing secrets, or this causing undue > friction at work). > > Bring it down a notch kkent, your going > unneccesarily bezerk over this and probably not > helping the gentlemen’s already nervous situation How can you reason that an action is only wrong if it brings harm to the company? It’s the actions, not the consequences, that should justify whether or not something is wrong.

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA_Halifax Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What’s the big deal. It’s not ideal but life > goes > > on…this sort of crap happens all the time. > It’s > > not like they planned this out and flirted at > work > > (that would be inappropriate) > > > > As far as I am concerned, what happens off of > > company property off of company time is none of > > the company’s business unless it involved > > something which would bring harm to the company > > (ie discussing secrets, or this causing undue > > friction at work). > > > > Bring it down a notch kkent, your going > > unneccesarily bezerk over this and probably not > > helping the gentlemen’s already nervous > situation > > > How can you reason that an action is only wrong if > it brings harm to the company? It’s the actions, > not the consequences, that should justify whether > or not something is wrong. I am not saying it’s “right” per se, that is a moral question and I’m certainly not getting into that. But I don’t think anything has happened which would bring harm to the company (yet, if it continued than yes) and hence is none of their business and they shouldn’t be “fired” as some of our moral absolutionists on here would believe.

I can’t believe that this very poorly written piece of flame bait attracted this many responses.

hey equity_research_nds, just wanted to let you know you are my hero (pending that she is hot).

FIAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t believe that this very poorly written > piece of flame bait attracted this many responses. Seriously. I love how self-delusional KKent is when he says “I’ll never do business with any company that did that.” Isn’t Kent a BOM? As far as your “at-will” comment sure a company can fire for any offense. But you can also sue for wrongfull termination if you’re fired because you engaged in a personal relationship. I know as it happened at my last company…which was at-will.

The big problem is that she’s a woman and you’re a guy. If this got out, she just could make up lies about you sexually harassing her and they will believe her. It’s just really a fact. So she’s got you by the balls and you better do exactly as she says.

Was she hot?

I love how KKent is hating on some dood who just banged his hot older boss. Makes you wonder if he slept around at all in college. Also saying the act was selfish, and do good by the firm blah blah blah come on? This is the same who basically quit two-three analyst programs because it wasn’t for “him”. He also was thinking about leaving his current firm for PE, before they gave him what he wanted, no? Not sure if hes right person to be preaching to be a choir boy.

yo equity_research_nds -pls answer the question based on how hot she was: was she out of your league, in your league or below you league?:)) Based on your answer…we"ll proceed further analysis :))

Definitely agree with the pinkman on the wrongful termination lawsuit. Kkent, this is why companies pay severance… it is very costly to fire an employee. As far as sexual harassment goes, nothing that has happened so far has been a red flag for anyone except the boss. Because there was consent, it would be hard to argue that it was sexual harassment. If she chose to be really shady and lie about this situation and say she was harassed, it is a he said/she said and both can get fired. It ***might be worth confiding in some one you can trust so some one else knows your side… if you can document it in any way that would be ideal for you.

Yeah dude if you’re feeling nervous just think what she feels. She is the one with the reputation at risk. You’re the guy that the older dudes would secretely want to high five.

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I love how KKent is hating on some dood who just > banged his hot older boss. Makes you wonder if he > slept around at all in college. > > Also saying the act was selfish, and do good by > the firm blah blah blah come on? This is the same > who basically quit two-three analyst programs > because it wasn’t for “him”. He also was thinking > about leaving his current firm for PE, before they > gave him what he wanted, no? > > Not sure if hes right person to be preaching to be > a choir boy. First of all, NO, I did NOT sleep around in college. I don’t give a damn what you think about it either. Second of all, I quit my first job because I felt I was working in the wrong field. I was correct in that–I now work as an analyst in real estate rather than municipal bonds. It’s about 180 degrees different. Third, what the **** are you talking about with the PE? I had an interview set up with a PE firm BEFORE I was hired by my present company. I gave it about 5 minute’s of thought before I stuck with my current company. It’s intersting how personal you made this given you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

Ok your right, I take it back, but you did the same by judging the OP and saying they should be fired right away in your first post, did you not?

I’d also note that you all are 100% wrong on employment-at-will. You can even Google this quite easily. “Unfairly” firing someone is not illegal. Wrongfully terminating someone is illegal. For example, terminating someone because they’re black is ILLEGAL. Terminating someone unfairly because you don’t like their personality is NOT illegal. Terminating someone because they miss too much work because they’re always sick is unfair, but not illegal. Terminating someone because they had a baby and took 3 weeks off IS illegal. Terminating someone because they had sex with a subordinate may be “unfair,” but is CERTAINLY not illegal.

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok your right, I take it back, but you did the > same by judging the OP and saying they should be > fired right away in your first post, did you not? If someone wants to post on a public forum that they got drunk and had sex with their boss, then I have every right to say that they are, at the very least, a person without any class. Am I perfect? Certaintly not. But if I made the mistake of having sex with my boss, I certainly wouldn’t do the classless thing and post about it on a public forum and then expect, “well, that’s ok. What you did is perfectly cool. Just be more careful next time. They can’t fire you anyway.” I guess I expected too much.