how to face my senior analyst at work

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- . > Terminating someone because they had sex with a > subordinate may be “unfair,” but is CERTAINLY not > illegal. Uh yes it is. Like I said earlier this happened at my old firm and guess what genius…she won.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > If someone wants to post on a public forum Buddy this is an anonymous forum. Its not as if he’s posting her name and picture.

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > . > > Terminating someone because they had sex with a > > subordinate may be “unfair,” but is CERTAINLY > not > > illegal. > > Uh yes it is. Like I said earlier this happened > at my old firm and guess what genius…she won. Well, it’s too bad your heresay doesn’t prove anything. If it were ILLEGAL to fire someone over a romantic relationship, it would be ILLEGAL for firms to have policies against it. Google it. You can find hundreds of articles about people being terminated for romantic relationships at work. Most likely, your old firm had a confusing or contradictory policy with regard to romantic relationships that the employee didn’t breach. THAT is illegal.

Chillax…

I think everyone is a little baffled why you getting so bent out of shape over this. Its very undude like. And employees have that “no relationship clause” to protect them. But it isn’t bulletproof. KKent the legal expert with the capitalization of his POINTS.

I’m getting bent out of shape? I’ve had a half a dozen personal insults directed my way in this thread alone (“genius,” “BOM,” “choir boy,” etc.) and I’m the one getting bent out of shape? How is it that people throw personal insults at me and I’m the one who needs to relax?

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m getting bent out of shape? I’ve had a half a > dozen personal insults directed my way in this > thread alone (“genius,” “BOM,” “choir boy,” etc.) > and I’m the one getting bent out of shape? How is > it that people throw personal insults at me and > I’m the one who needs to relax? I’d love to stay here and argue but I’ve got to go carpet shopping.

that reminds me of the time i was walking out of a bar with this girl I met and a car drove by and the guy yelled “stick it in her buuuuuutt!!” haha it was pretty funny. Unrelated, but just trying to break the tension with a random story.

so did she end up letting you do it?

Yeah, I’m with adehbone on this one. Don’t leave us hanging. :slight_smile:

well, while making out with her outside the bar she was wasted and therefore honest I guess cause she said “oh I want you so bad! now I have to let you know, it’s that time of the month, so if you don’t mind that down there, good. Just wanted to let you know that.” That kinda lost the mood, so no, I did not stick it in her butt. She had a puzzle at her place she was working on that was a 70’s playboy model. Fairly odd.

equity_research_nds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey guys need your help > I work in a small ER shop, last night after > drowning myself in L3 swaps material went to the > local pub to chill out there i bumped into my > senior research analyst who was with her > friends…we then few drinks and then lost > control of ourselves now i dont know how will we > react at work…i have recently joined the firm > after struggling for a long time to get a job I > cant lose this one… > > please need your advise guys… > > thanks in advance please allow me to be the first person to congratulate you on your upcoming promotion…

equity_research_nds: Don’t sweat it, nothing bad happened. Sex between consenting adults is perfectly ok, never mind the fact that our crack legal expert “you can google for it” kkent is getting worked up over it here. On Monday, you should behave like a man with class - you walk up to her, ask her if you can talk to her for a couple of minutes in private. Tell her that you are afraid you had too much to drink on Friday and things got out of hand and you did not behave as a gentleman. Promise her no one will know about it (tactfully leave out the fact that you, as a true idiot, posted this all over the fscken Web and the matter is now being discussed by thousands of CFA candidates) and tell her you hope it will not affect your working relationship. As I said, no sweat, some of the most illustrious careers in this industry are built on sleeping with your boss. You have the inside track, use it wisely! Now, any chance you can post her picture, big guy?

equity_research_nds, as i read your posts from the past month, it sounds like you have not been having a great experience at work lately, i.e. you mentioned you’d like to be doing something else, you have a job that “really pays peanuts” and your “social life is screwed.” well, given your circumstances, i would probably say that the purported event between you and your senior analyst might actually have done some good for you. if nothing else, at least you know your employer offers some interesting benefits in spite of the crappy pay.

It was consensual sex wasn’t it? No one was coerced into it right? After all, she could say no at any time before you went inside her? I think the best thing is to pretend nothing happened. Talk about work etc, don’t mention about what happened the other day if she does not mention anything about it. The awkwardness will disappear…

this will go down as one of AF’s best posts, though not as good as the famous LIII “sink shitter” at Javis a few years back!!! Seriously this baby has Professionalism Standard exam question written all over her, I’d love to read the vignette, it would be steamy!

Trust me bro, I know exactly where you’re coming from… and I mean trust me, I know. Do not mention anything!!!

umm…can’t we go back to SS6 and autoregressive heteroskedasticity? What’s the name of this forum again?

this forum is for chartered financial anal-yst…welcome!

Come on man, you are a professional, so do it like a professional: NPV=initial investment(fair market value of the payload you unloaded) + next year’s salary (including cash flow from promotion)/ annualized daily recovery rate of your payload