How to get to the US

DirtyZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, put it this way: The guys I know who are on > visas make less and they can’t pipe up to > management about it b/c of their visa status. > Anyone else would just make a stink or leave, but > when you’re on a visa it is much harder to switch > jobs. Many (if not most) firms will not sponsor a > visa unless you are an exceptional > candidate…many won’t even bother interviewing > you. Switching TN visa is very easy. H1B/Green Card is another story

Yeah TN is supposedly gives you better mobility. Also after 2 years can’t you apply for a green card?

TN can’t lead to green card because it is a non-immigrant visa. H1B is a dual intent (ie non-immigrant and immigrant) visa, so you can apply for green card based on it.

Here is some clearification for some of you. You can get an equity analyst position sponsored under TN. All your lawyer has to do is to tie it up to the accounting. A buddy of mine just got a job in Boston going through the same channels. It takes 20 mins at the border to get a TN. Fully agree about the Toronto market, the worst market for financial professionals in N. America. Tons of locals and recent immigrants fighting over a very scarce supply. This depresses the wages and gives all sorts of power to an employer. God Bless America!!!

highparkcfa, I got to admit Toronto really sucks, even other parts of Canada are better. I get calls from Calgary and Vancouver more than I hear from Toronto firms.