How to keep momentum after work?

Wake up at 5, get ready for the day and start at 5:30. Study til 8, go to work. I reward myself with a latte if i’ve put in 2+ hours per day.

Will try to reschedule my daily routine, wake up at 5 tomoroow. I read for two hours last night with sleepying eyes, and it does’nt work. I will prefer to stay in Universiy Library on weekend also.

Just posted this in another thread, but considering just the video and audio ‘study’ I feel like only an hour in the evening is all that is needed to sufficiently grasp the subject before the major learning occurs in the month before the exam.

‘Will do the same as L1; watch a Schweser video over breakfast, listen to the same video on my iPod on my way to work (I have converted the videos into audio files). Then listen to the audio on my way home before reading the Schweser notes in the evening to fill-in the gaps missed on the first few passes of the video and audio. Then if time permits a few Q-Bank questions before hitting the sack. New LOS each day and review of the week’s LOSs on the weekend.’

Good luck everyone.

squeeze some in before work when you’re kinda fresh.

Just stay back after work - I normally leave the office but admittedly, the couple of hours i squeeze in, maybe 1hr of it is productive.

Keep grinding, friend.

Yes

Now momentum will be back after passing L1 angel

Yes

Now momentum will be back after passing L1 angel

I second studying at work (highly likely you at least have SOME downtime.)

Make MP3’s out of your videos to listen to them on your commute.

All else fails, don’t masturbate until you study!

Coffee. To answer the OP’s orignial question.

I’m always afraid to have coffee after work… Any caffiene after around 6 and I won’t get to sleep until midnight.

Silly question - but what specific coffee brand or energy drink works best for you? Been out of school for a while and not a regular coffee drinker so not sure what the "best/strongest’ one is (or which one will actually grab my attention to read after doing qtr end reporting at work)!

I’d be careful with coffee and especially energy drinks. Your health is much more important than any exam in the world. I’ve been trying to reduce my caffeine intake to 1 cup per day on the opposite.

Drinking energy drinks is a perfect way to destroy your pancreas and liver.

Coffee in moderation can be good for your health FYI. I stick with one cup a day right before I study. As for the type of coffee, I personally prefer a bold blend that puts some hair on your chest. Starbucks can offer some decent options, but it’s really what you prefer.

I drink 1-2 cups of coffee per week but the vast majority of my caffeine intake is from green tea… is green tea reasaonbly safer?

I reward myself with a nice after dinner drink (usually single-malt scotch) on the days I have been good :slight_smile:

Recovered coffee addict here - I hear green tea is much healthier and it’s what I currently rely on for my caffeine fix, but it just aint the same. I still flirt with espresso on weekends because I miss it.

I am gonna sleep for an a hour after coming back home and then start studies for 3 hrs a day

I believe it is…however, it contains even more caffeine than coffee so people with heart conditions should be careful. Anyway, the Chinese have been drinking green tea for thousands of years, they can’t be wrong…

Incorrect. Coffee contains significantly more caffeine than green tea.