How to keep up study hours in a "working-class" life?

Just got something important to do this afternoon which ruined my study plans… In my case, lots of work always happen in the early summer before the exam which disturbs my study plan quite a bit as well. During the 8 hours’ working life everyday, it would be lucky for me to squeeze in a couple of hours here and there to study. However it is not as efficient and productive as I would have hoped it to be, plus I’m always very tired after work and I still need to cook and run errands, how can I keep up my study hours like everyone else here on a daily basis?

Save some time to study each night before going to sleep. I work 3 jobs currently (1 FT, 2 PT), which really makes it difficult to study in large blocks, so to make up for it, I’m starting studying earlier, and making sure to crack the books at least 6 times per week. Some people can wake up early and hit the books. I like to do it just before bed. I also like to attempt at least one vignette from the books per day. I think that you can get a lot done if you just do a little bit every day.

thanks cjones - the thing is after around 9pm my brain sort of shuts down automatically and all I could think of is my bed or some crappy reality TV shows / America’s got talent sth like that…I envy that you can do it before bed. I am thinking about a strategy that I will study an hour before my work starts every morning, then an hour at lunch break, and an hour after work, that totals 3 hours a day for me. I wondered if anyone has ever done this? But one vignette per day is a great advice!

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Save some time to study each night before going to > sleep. I work 3 jobs currently (1 FT, 2 PT), which > really makes it difficult to study in large > blocks, so to make up for it, I’m starting > studying earlier, and making sure to crack the > books at least 6 times per week. > > Some people can wake up early and hit the books. I > like to do it just before bed. I also like to > attempt at least one vignette from the books per > day. I think that you can get a lot done if you > just do a little bit every day. I’m so jealous, how do you have 3 jobs in ATL and I can’t find one decent one? Want to share;) ??? hahaha I think I lost two good jobs from not being local to Boston and the likes. [spit] So ok, I’m somewhat of a flight risk since my mean reversion is the A but come on…I can relocate myself. (my vent for the day) Skies, it can be done. Many have, some wake up like 5am to study before work…it’s crazy. I can’t even comb my hair that early.

I usually struggle to get out of my bed from my chaotic dreams before/around 8am/7:30am…and get to office at 8:30am. Basically between that period everything happening around me is an extension of my chaotic dreams… maybe if i could do 5am i’ll pass next year.

Study at night. It’s not that hard, and you only really need 5 hours of sleep to get by. For L2 and L3, I studied from 9pm-12am every night after the family went to bed. Also, there’s always plenty of time on the weekend.

You might want to think about getting the Schweser .mp3 files. Listening to them on your commute or wherever is a great way to squeeze in extra study time. Definitely not a substitute for hitting the books, but if you work and/or have a family to deal with, then you might find them useful.

If your mind shuts at 9 the go to sleep by that time. Wake up early by 5 (so that you get 8 hour sleep) and then study for 1-2 hours before heading off to work. Study 6-8 hours on the weekends.

I officially close work at 5.30pm somewhere in Lagos, Nigeria. I stay back to read 3hours until 9pm otherwise I will spend that time in traffic! My TV antenna(outdoor) fell sometimes before last June 2009 exam, I have not even bothered to fix it. (you know what that means) -:0)