How to play nuclear?

The uranium futures contract is pretty interesting. To my knowledge that is the only commodity futures contract that isn’t deliverable. Too bad as I was kind of hoping I could get me some yellow cake by taking delivery. I can’t believe that the whole world is jumping on this bandwagon. Half of the Ukraine is a bizarre experiment in the exposure of large groups of people to low-level nuclear contamination from Chernobyl. I guess 20 years is a long time. If God gave me investment tips on the nuclear power industry, I would tell Him to shove off.

mcthorp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Didn’t Cramer do this last night? > > FWIW, I don’t pay attention to Cramer, it just > happened to be on when I walked through our > trading floor to get a snack late last night. Or > maybe that was the night before. Cramer is a buffoon

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The uranium futures contract is pretty > interesting. To my knowledge that is the only > commodity futures contract that isn’t deliverable. > Too bad as I was kind of hoping I could get me > some yellow cake by taking delivery. > > I can’t believe that the whole world is jumping on > this bandwagon. Half of the Ukraine is a bizarre > experiment in the exposure of large groups of > people to low-level nuclear contamination from > Chernobyl. I guess 20 years is a long time. > > If God gave me investment tips on the nuclear > power industry, I would tell Him to shove off. Great points, Joey! Oh you forgot to mention that 20 years is a long time for people’s memory, but really short compared to the half-life of Cesium-135 in the nuclear waste (2.3 million years). Maybe everyone can make money now, run their refrigerators, and leave behind enough long-lived radionuclides to cause high cancer rates for the next 500,000 generations. Edit: I know it’s really the Cs-137 that is the more dangerous cousin and already about 30% of that is gone from Chernobyl.

“Cramer is a buffoon” Agreed. I meant to be snarky in my post, but blatantly failed. I would also suggest that to “play nuclear” one should definitely get ahold of Homer’s suit and tongs first.