how to refer to charter on resume

I finally putting together resume having received my charter. I am not sure how to include it. Was going to put it under education or technical skills. Am also not sure how word this achievement. Can any one offer input on how to word this and a possible format? Thanks

I would put it under “Licences and Certifications” or maybe “Education”. Chartered Financial Analyst Institute CFA Charter Or something like that.

I would use education

It doesn’t matter. Since people can say they are associated with the CFAI in any way it pops from their colorful mind, and the CFAI won’t say whether is true or not to a prospective employer, you can say you are either charterholder, CEO, or the dude who bangs all the CFAI secretaries twice a week.

^ Well, he got the charter. So, CFAI will confirm he is a charterholder.

It might depend on the oher things in your resume. For instance, I put mine under education because nothing in the rest of my education says that i know anything about capital markets. If I had an MBA there, I would probably go with a section on “Licences and Certifications”.

“bangs all the CFAI secretaries twice a week.” What a coincidence. I have this exact line in my resume in “Other skills” after programming languages.

I put my Series exams under “Education/Licences”

Sans MBA, so will put in education section. Thanks for the input.

I would suggest putting “CFA CHARTERHOLDER” at the top of your resume in a nice 72-point font, Photoshopped in red, white and blue stars and stripes like an American flag, with flames coming off the top. Centered on the page.

Unless you’re Canadian, in which case I’d just put it in black in a normal font in the education section.

just put “Richard Johnson, CFA” in the header and people will know you’re a CFA or ", CFA in the header. this is basic ethics level i stuff…

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would suggest putting “CFA CHARTERHOLDER” at the > top of your resume in a nice 72-point font, > Photoshopped in red, white and blue stars and > stripes like an American flag, with flames coming > off the top. Centered on the page. +1 on on the flame…but not that corny 60s rod flame scheme…do the real deal live flame job http://www.stangbangers.com/Mustang_FlamesHorse_PaintJob.jpg - stallion option, but if you friends call you trigger then stallion mandatory

Touché.

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just put “Richard Johnson, CFA” in the header and > people will know you’re a CFA > > or ", CFA in the header. > > this is basic ethics level i stuff… +1 You could also include CFA Institute in the Organizations/Memberships section.

Or you could create a hobbies and interests section and include “Being a CFA Charterholder” in it.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > builders Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > just put “Richard Johnson, CFA” in the header > and > > people will know you’re a CFA > > > > or ", CFA in the header. > > > > this is basic ethics level i stuff… > > > +1 You could also include CFA Institute in the > Organizations/Memberships section. Another vote for this. AND add it to your other skills/certificates section. Why not? The CFA charter has got to count for far more than your advanced VBA course cert or whatever else you’ve got on there, so why not make sure you highlight it properly.

If you could work a picture of Ted Nugent into your resume somehow I think that would be a nice touch. That’s what I’ve done.

I put it under extracurricular activities

I put passing (all three levels) under education, but havent even started the process to get the work experience approved. Wont make any impact at my current role and since I just re-upped my deal I dont see moving any time soon, so no real urgency on my part. If I had the charter I would do the same, but have CFA next to my name as well…