how to register on a bloomberg terminal

i heard that if you register your name on a bloomberg terminal, u will get the bloomberg magazine every month. does anyone know how to register on a bloomberg terminal? ive never used the bloomberg terminal before and really dont know much about it. thanks!

It’s like 2k a month. My name is registered on one of the office terminals and I don’t get the subscrip. It’s useful if you want to be secretive about your strategies or you dont like people fukking with your search settings.

You need to get a Bloomberg ID and pay subscription costs. If you sign up, they typically send a cute girl to give you a tutorial (sometimes it’s a dude though). You can basically do everything through Bloomberg - trading, news, messaging, data, etc., which is why so many finance people need their own ID. It’s not worth doing this just for the magazine.

thanks guys! the thing is we already have a bloomberg terminal somewhere on the floor so i was thinking maybe i could find it and just register my name on that to get the magazine subscriptions.

I’m registered on our shared terminal and I get the magazine.

I believe it depends on the nature of your firm’s license.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You need to get a Bloomberg ID and pay > subscription costs. If you sign up, they typically > send a cute girl to give you a tutorial (sometimes > it’s a dude though FactSet is catching up in the hottness of their sales forces. We have a bloomberg terminal at office, everybody share them…we recently got Factset on our desktop, those girls from FactSet are smoking hot.

Dont you just go in and press help twice. It practically tells you how to do it on the BB screen. Go find it and read the instructions…