How to spend time while looking for work....?

I was made redundant some 6 weeks ago and while I’ve had a few interviews thus far, the hiring organizations are moving too slow. Meanwhile, the incremental opportunities I can apply for are very minimal at this point. It’s going to be a long road ahead it seems. What activities would you pursue if you had downtime?

Depends, to you have enough money for low budget travel such as backpacking between hostels and using your laptop to apply to jobs from coffee shops several hours a day? If not, then focus on developing mad skills. Maybe get good at an instrument you play, maybe go running, kayaking, ski a lot, read, I dunno, build model trains if that’s your thing. Just find something to dive into. When I was unemployed for about a month or so, I got super nasty at pool. I was clearing tables on average about 3 turns, had two where I broke, then ran the table without the other guy even getting to shoot. I’ve since lost the skills I picked up, but for a brief while I owned the tables at the local bars, that was cool to experience being a legitimate pool shark as a sort of second identity for awhile. Take advantage of the vacation my friend. Sooner or later you’ll get a job and then they always want you to start like the next day, then you’ll be missing the reprieve.

^^ Agreed. Chicks like guys with skills. I suggest bowstaff skills, or nunchuck skills

Learn Magic Tricks

P90X

If you’re not a dynamite public speaker or presenter, now’s the time to work on it. There are few situations where being an extremely adept speaker won’t help you - esp in interviews.

Keep your mind sharp and stay abreast of the markets. Try not to sleep in past 8am and get your day started bright and early. Doing so will help prevent your mind from rotting.

Volunteer.

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was made redundant some 6 weeks ago and while > I’ve had a few interviews thus far, the hiring > organizations are moving too slow. Meanwhile, the > incremental opportunities I can apply for are very > minimal at this point. > > It’s going to be a long road ahead it seems. What > activities would you pursue if you had downtime? GTL it dude

hit the gym

Bikram yoga, you’ll thank me later.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bikram yoga, you’ll thank me later. I used to hook up with this hot bikram yoga instructor last year. Although I have never done the yoga myself, I certainly appreciate its results. :slight_smile:

Get a password to Brazzers or Bangbros; you can thank me later.