How to start studying the CFA Level 1

Hi guys, hope all is well!

I am about to start studying the CFA Level 1, my aim is to take the exam in November 2024 max. I took a first look but there is really a lot of information online and options. Would love to hear about your experiences. I prepared previously the GMAT and the recommendations were great from gmat club to be more efficient.

1- Which study materials should I focus? CFA curriculum, Wiley or Kaplan?
2- Should I read the books or just take the videos?
3- Where to take good questions/mock exams?
4- Any extra tip about taking notes, memorizing formulas etc?

To give you some background about myself, I am an architect but have an MBA from a top tier business school and around 8 years of experience.

Thank you in advance guys!

All the best,

1 Like

Make sure you read your calculator manual and know how to use all the preprogrammed functions!!! :nerd_face: :+1:

Hey!

Great to hear you’re starting your CFA Level 1 journey! It can be a lot to take in at first, but with the right approach, you’ll do just fine.

Study Materials: You’ve got options like CFA curriculum, Wiley, and Kaplan. Each has its perks, so check out samples to see which suits you best.

Reading vs. Videos: Some prefer reading for depth, others like videos for a quicker overview. You might mix both for a balanced approach.

Practice Questions/Mock Exams: Practice is key! Look for questions and mocks online from places like the official CFA Institute site or Kaplan.

Taking Notes and Memorizing Formulas: Summarize key points in your own words for better understanding. Flashcards work wonders for formulas.

With your background, you’ve got a solid foundation already. Good luck, and feel free to ask if you need more help!

Thank you guys!!

Thank you…