How was the Test ? Please share your experiences

I felt the exam was much easier. The afternoon session was quite easy.

felt the same.

A little too easy. It makes me nervous that the bar is gonna be super high. Like anything less than >70 in all topics is a fail.

I screwed up on the morning sessions-- jitters. Lots of questions I knew I got wrong but didn’t have enough time to change it. The afternoon was easier. That fixed income question was tricky

no way. a lot of guys at my test center looked like they got mowed. i think a lot of us were just super prepared.

how do you guys know what is house money and impled liabilities? it was not in the notes

I couldn’t get an exact answer for that carve out

dude, questions in PM are very tricky though they appear to be easy.

it would be anywhere between 75-85 this time…i think most must have scored over 80 percent in the evening…(although i thought it was a bit trickier) in the morning also ppl might score over 60-70… so we are absolutely talking of a pass cut off of 75

JarJarBinks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it would be anywhere between 75-85 this time…i > think most must have scored over 80 percent in the > evening…(although i thought it was a bit > trickier) > > in the morning also ppl might score over 60-70… > so we are absolutely talking of a pass cut off of > 75 I have it on good authority (dude that has been a higher up at the CFAI) that no one in history has scored 70 or above and failed.

Monki, I recall seeing it in a past exam but I have no idea what’s right. Anyone?

there was a lot of theory points too on the paper…the whole question on immunization sucked man…never saw anything like that before

i felt good about the work i did on both parts. I felt the pm was easier. Having said that you are about to read the dumbest thing ever. I finished the am exam and spent the last 30 minutes on a 9 point question. i got maybe some part makrks for it. anyways i go to close the book with 1 minute left. look at the first page. there were 11 questions. I only did the first 10 - i wish i was joking. I never did anything like that in my entire life before. felt like a train hit me. I am not giving up tho - i spent time doing the math and need about a 75% overall to pass - i am keeping optomistic. dumbest thing i have ever done - right out of a nightmare.

House money is ppl take MORE risk because they think the money came too easily… FUCKKKKKK i didn’t get it right in the exam… but i am upset they put something like that on the exam

I am no joing to you this happens to me ALSO… i left out #9 (Risk Management) with 5 minutes to go… i was like WTF…12 points questionsss but i think did all 3 parts probably get at least 6 points out of that question because it was not as difficult as it originally seems… it was scary… i didnt have time to check other questions on the AM session… i m very upset and the first half jimmyswo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i felt good about the work i did on both parts. I > felt the pm was easier. Having said that you are > about to read the dumbest thing ever. I finished > the am exam and spent the last 30 minutes on a 9 > point question. i got maybe some part makrks for > it. anyways i go to close the book with 1 minute > left. look at the first page. there were 11 > questions. I only did the first 10 - i wish i was > joking. I never did anything like that in my > entire life before. felt like a train hit me. I > am not giving up tho - i spent time doing the math > and need about a 75% overall to pass - i am > keeping optomistic. > dumbest thing i have ever done - right out of a > nightmare.

brother, i am not sure if the PM+AM combine was this easy(As many are proclaiming). if that is the case, we mught have history in the making… however iam still not convinced that PM was that straight forward

Let’s not discuss specific questions, shall we. Thread will get nuked, eventually.

If people are loss averse, would they take more risk with their losing investments or maintain the same?

sorry jarjar but you are worng on that one. lets not start spreading rumors

Timewise was interesting. I will admit that I am normally a fast worker. I was averging about 90 minutes to get through an AM section and 90 minutes to get through a PM. The morning section took me about 2 1/2 hours to finish the first pass, and it looked like many ran out of time. I left at 3:55pm during the PM section…even if there were a few that I was not sure on (i.e. the bond hedge or the carve out)…I was not going to figure out the answer sitting there for 30 minutes. I was suprised about some of the topics that were not tested. My only comment on the AM section is that I was suprised on how a couple of topics were presented and that there was more Econ on the exam that expected.