How would you classify this position?

Role: Contributing to investment performance by gathering and formatting financial information, ensuring data quality, and performing specialized analyses and team support functions as needed. Responsibilities: o Screening and preliminary review of financial reports and news released by/about the companies held in *********** funds and accounts; o Gathering data and tracking potential new holdings; o Updating companies’ financial information in ********'s stock database and maintaining overall database integrity; o Downloading companies’ historical financial information using Bloomberg and other sources and creating electronic data pages for new stocks; o Calculating and interpreting quarterly statistics and attribution analysis for ******** Funds; o Assisting with management of less active fund styles; o Serving as the “point person” for investment management compliance functions; o Other tasks as opportunities arise. Skills (in order of priority): • Technical skill (Strong facility with numbers required); • Pace tolerance – ability to maintain up to a four-hour period of high energy, fast pace information gathering/dissemination during an extended reporting period; • Service orientation, especially within the investment management team; • Some knowledge of statistics, accounting and finance; • Strong communication skills; • Computer-literate (in particular, strong knowledge of MS Excel); • Knowledge of investment industry software such as Bloomberg, FactSet, and trade order management systems is a plus; • Ability to work independently and on a team. Education and Experience: • College degree; • Financial or investment industry experience is a plus.

I would classify it as a performance analyst position.

Under “super-exciting”.

Probably the most “super exciting” back office role…

So glorified fund accountant?

I wouldnt go that far. It pays alot better and qualifies for CFA work experience.

performance analyst counts towards the work experience requirement??? are you being sarcastic?

Four straight hours? Like, in a row?!

^ +2

“performance analyst counts towards the work experience requirement” i know plenty of performance analysts that are charterholders…so yes, somehow it does.

>> Pace tolerance – ability to maintain up to a four-hour period of high energy MeddlingKids Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Four straight hours? Like, in a row?! Nice…truly legendary

Posted by: Turkish (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: January 8, 2008 02:59PM “performance analyst counts towards the work experience requirement” i know plenty of performance analysts that are charterholders…so yes, somehow it does. _____________________________________________________________________ Turkish, Did they earn their time before the requirements were changed? I’m a little shocked if they got that approved after the change. Although, I would say performance analyst is more deserving than compliance.

Good point, I have no idea. I haven’t looked at the changes, because I know my position is covered. Then again by the time I finish the charter in 2017, the requirements may change entirely.