How would you have prepared differently

If you could…

Hmmmm I definitely would have done a morning session all the way through as practice to get my timing down…

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmmmm I definitely would have done a morning > session all the way through as practice to get my > timing down… even if you have, you wouldn’t have finished in the time required in the 08 exam.

Yea I think On the exam I would have taken my time more on the questions and just left a couple blank instead of rushing to at least try them all.

If I have to do it next year I will start from the back of the exam.

I don’t think I could have done anything different. Study the Pension IPS better would be about the extent. Everything else I thought I could at least put something to paper. There were sections I was totally lost like the VWAP vs. Implementation Shortfall. A couple others as well…but you had to know there were going to be parts you probably wouldn’t be able to answer even if you studied 500 hours. It pisses me off that I spent so much time on Thursday and Friday memorizing things like Global/Macro and Micro stuff. Not one of them showed up. You had to figure at least one would.

I got unlucky with my preparation this year. Book 5 of schweser (attribution, emerging markets, GIPS) was my strongest book by far, and we got like one very easy gips item set.