How would you put it on your resume

Suppose you pass all three exams, and you don’t have the 4 years of experience (in fact, in my case, Im not even in the finance industry at all), how would you put this on your resume? You can’t just write, since you arent a charterholder: “Chartred Financial Analyst (CFA)” Maybe, you can do this, (but is there a nicer way)? “Passed all three Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams from the CFA Institute” And, would you put this under the education category, next to your university degree (where it will get more prominence), or under professional designation (though technically u arent a charterholder), or accomplishments (where it might not even be looked at…)? Could I write: “John Doe, CFA*” as my title on the resume and the asterix at the bottom of the page would say: *passed all exams, but haven’t received designation until I get four years of financial work experience

> > Could I write: “John Doe, CFA*” as my title on the > resume > and the asterix at the bottom of the page would > say: *passed all exams, but haven’t received > designation until I get four years of financial > work experience No, no partial designation.

CFAMaven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Could I write: “John Doe, CFA*” as my title on the > resume > and the asterix at the bottom of the page would > say: *passed all exams, but haven’t received > designation until I get four years of financial > work experience This is a joke, right?

I remember reading this in the curriculum in either L1 or L2 Ethics. You couldn’t put it next to your name, but you could put it on your resume like Passed all three levels of CFA examination (need to complete requisite work experience for charter)

there’s no clean way to do it without the charter. however, it will still impress a lot of people even without the charter and even though they have to read an awkward explanation.

How did u pass all 3 levels in the first place?

The CFA Institute really should come up with a standard-acceptable (and practical) explanation for people who fall into this category. They are clear on things like “CFA Level X Candidate” and “CFA”, but not for the nebulous “CFA Level 3 Survivor” category.

I passed all 3 levels but am lacking the experience. CFAI said I should use this particular format, where 2010 is the year I expect to complete the experience: Virgin Hooker, !CFA~2010 yea baby (yeah baby is at my discretion)

I am going to report you, (just kidding)

ancientmtk, I havent passed any of the Levels, im just thinking about whether to pursue it if Im not going to have the relevant work experience…

a lot of things change in 4 years Maven, just try level 1 and see how you like it first. Dont worry about the details of how to write your resume until you have to write it. You never know, after getting your level 1, you might get a job with relevant work experience. So if you pass all of them without failing, by the time you pass the next 2, you’ll only need a couple more years of experience.

you shoudl worry about that after u pass the 3 levels of CFA.