How'd you guys do on the Gmat?

I ran out of time in quant too! I got hung up on one question and it ate up too much of my time

Are you guys taking it for fun, or to get into school?

I need to make some big life decisions this year and weigh my options, decide what direction I want to go in. So I’m applying to the top 5 just to see what comes back and then weighing those results.

Gotcha, I’m postponing all major life decisions until after 12/12/12.

Fair point.

Thanks a good score Black Swan! Anything abouve 700 is insanity at it’s best.

Thanks man, we’ll have to see how things play out. My undergrad was a shit show at best.

Why do you have to make big life decisions this year?

You have an extravagant profile. B-shools would dig to have you onboard - the perspective, the viewpoint matters in a case-based settting and you would definitely add to the table.

Keep us posted.

BS, don’t you have a MSF?

BS, same boat buddy, but at least from a highly ranked school. I got a 720 then retook a few weeks later and got a 750. Thats how bad my undergrad GPA is… 720 wouldn’t do me any favors.

From what I understand if you demonstrate that you’re capable, have good experience, and have strong essays with a good story, the rest is just luck more or less. There are some “candidate success stories” on some of the admissions consulting websites that would shock you. People with bad scores and questionable experience spinning their way into Wharton and Harvard. Might be more difficult for a white male, but anything is possible.

I’m not sure I’m ready to go this year, but my GMAT score expires 3 days before next year’s round 1 deadline, so I guess I should apply.

Yeah, it was a one year full time degree. More of a quick boost to tech skills then back out the door.

+1

My undergrad was so bad a 740 would probaly only get me into a top 40 school, lol. I’m such a tard.

Swan, so why the life change coming up?

^Yeah dude, you’re an AF boardmember… that didnt open up any doors for you?

I will be honest with everyone here, i think i got very lucky. I scored 800. System just kep throwing easier and easier questions at me when i was getting questions right. By the end of the test i was getting questions in quant like 2+2= and verbal was please correct “I has dog” kinda of stuff. Must be a glitch in the system, but i am happy for it. You have to gain competitive advantage how you can where you can, right? Right

Dayyum. I believe you possibly got an 800. You’re a very smart guy from what I recall. But I don’t believe you got easeier and easier questions, although they may have seemed that way to you. What did you do with that 800? Hope you went somewhere baller.

Yeah, i went to local store and bought a pack of beer.

He followed the Yasso’s 800

I applied last year, got a couple interviews, but ended up getting dinged everywhere. I might try again next year, but we’ll see.

I have a couple other avenues I may want to pursue, since I’m pretty annoyed with this whole corporate world gig.