HSBC Scam

Posted by: brianr (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] “C’mon Mona, give the guy a break. He’s scamming me from Hong Kong, English is obviously not his first language. He wants me to establish communications with him via a phone call before we go through with things. What an opportunity this is for me. What’s a calling card cost these days, like $5? Well worth it, well worth it.” ROTFL LMAO!!! Alright buddy. Let me know how it flows. I just have been financially conscious lately so i’m watching every penny coming out of my pocket!! HEHEHEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXpPfV20KEw Scammer call, hilarious!

I keep getting these e-mails from British National Lottery that my e-mail address has been “randomly” selected for a prize money…all they need is my details and bank account no. to transfer funds…some one I know believed in such an e-mail and lost GBP20K!!!

Delhiite Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I keep getting these e-mails from British National > Lottery that my e-mail address has been “randomly” > selected for a prize money…all they need is my > details and bank account no. to transfer > funds…some one I know believed in such an e-mail > and lost GBP20K!!! Sounds legit to me… but not as legit as this.

Here’s another good site http://www.419eater.com/ (these scams were originally called “419” scams, after the section of the Nigerian penal code which addresses fraud schemes. They’re generically called Advance Fee Fraud)

You should reply back with, Dear Partner, This is XYZ from Nigeria…

The weirdest offer i have got so far is to get access to an ex’s email account. the email said that all i needed to do was give them her email address and within 24 hours they would send me screenshots of her inbox to prove they are in it. then they would hand me the password. it was a costly offer ~ $300 or so.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The weirdest offer i have got so far is to get > access to an ex’s email account. the email said > that all i needed to do was give them her email > address and within 24 hours they would send me > screenshots of her inbox to prove they are in it. > then they would hand me the password. it was a > costly offer ~ $300 or so. Hmm… that’s a scary scenario. I better watch who I fvck over.

Did it work?

Have not replied yet. I got busy and put it off. I’ll respond sometime this evening and share the results.