HSBC Scam

Yesterday I received the following email in my junk mailbox: Good Day, I am Mr. Vincent Cheng Hoi Chuen, GBS, JP Chairman of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.I have a transaction of mutual benefit that worth 24.5 Million USD$, If interested please email me on my personal email address: Reply To:vincchenghk@yahoo.com.hk Mr. Vincent Cheng Hmm… a phishing scam. Normally I would just delete it and be done but I was bored and figured I would try to string this guy along for a little while. The message was sent from an email address ending in “unitednations.org”… I like how he is having me respond to yahoo address. Here’s my reply: Hello Mr. Chuen, What a blessing this is! God works in truly mysterious ways. You know, I woke up today and placed myself into my wheelchair and said, “today will be my day Brian, you can beat this illness!” I believe your note is a direct answer to my countless prayers! Please provide me details about this transaction as I would be interested in hearing more, as long as it is mutually beneficial of course. Kindest regards, Brian Ulysses Rothschild After that I had a chuckle and forgot about it… that was until just a moment ago when this gem of a response from Vincent Cheng arrived(note how this bastard stole my salutation): Hello Partner, Our Client, Gen Zaiki Taha Abdel, a businessman and also who was with the Iraqi forces, made a fixed deposit, of Twenty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch, a number of notices was sent to him, before the war which began in 2003 and also after the war but, no response came from him. We later found out that the General along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home. After more inquiry it was also discovered that the late Gen. did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. What bothers me most is according to the laws of my country at the expiration of 6 years the funds will be revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody comes for the funds, Against this scenery, I have all the information needed to claim these funds and I want you to act as the beneficiary of the deposit, there is no risk involved in this matter, as we are going to adopt a legitimate method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Thanks for your mail, regarding the question you raised? Please be informing that, I will not be in the position to ask you to send me money to finalize this project over here. What I expect from you is trust and commitment so that we both can make this project a success. As you and I know opportunities as sure are rear, it is your free will to accept or refuse; I am not imposing this transaction on you and your only financial obligation is to set up an account in your name for this project, to take care of your side, I shall take care of my side. In order to prove more of my integrity, you can visit our webpage here(http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/about-hsbc/board-of-directors), and for you to be sure of whom you are dealing with you can also call our official line, but do not talk about this transaction or I will deny knowing you +852-282-21111, when you call? ask of Mr. Vincent Cheng chairman HSBC and if you’re lucky and am on sit, then your call shall be transfer to me, what I will want you to do is to abolish the call before I talk, my official line are not secured means to reach me regarding this transaction, because they are periodically monitored to assess our level of customer care in line with our Total Quality Management. I have attached to this mail, copies of some legal documents and also my curriculum vitae for you to peruse, you are to complete and sign, then scan and send as attachment to E-mail back to me immediately or via my private fax number +85230062411, upon the receipt of the signed documents, the Attorney shall prepare the application for funds release also for you to sign, so that he can officially tendered it on our behalf, so that the application will be look into and before the funds can be endorse for transfer. Please reply soonest with the complete and signed documents. Kind Regards Mr. Vincent John Cheng With this email he sent a pdf that I virus scanned and downloaded. Basically it is some hokey legal document that he wants me to fill out… like anyone with half a brain would not think it would need to be notarized. So fellow AF’ers, how should I continue with this? I plan on making continued references to the misfortunes that have lead to my extreme poverty, partial paralysis due to a mystery disease, and living in a trailer in Des Moines, IA. Other than that I am open to suggestions.

actually my cover letters look like exactly same

Send him an email that is exactly like the one he sent you and see if he falls for it…

don’t abolish the call before he talks, that’ll show him.

itstoohot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actually my cover letters look like exactly same hahaha +5

asians are pullin these scams now? used to be the nigerians. damn, the global recession must be bottoming…

this is great-tell him that you are ironically the US war vet that dropped the bomb on the general, fate works in strange ways

Can you forward me all the information you have? That person actually works for that company…if someone is passing around his CV, I’m sure he’d like to know. I can help notify him/the company and address any possible issues. email: LPoulin133 at gmail

If you notice in his second letter he gave me a link to Vincent Cheng’s photo on HSBC’s website… I guess he really must be Vincent Cheng.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you notice in his second letter he gave me a > link to Vincent Cheng’s photo on HSBC’s website… > I guess he really must be Vincent Cheng. reading > me

He even wants me to give him a call.

but he also want you to “abolish” the call before he talks?! wth… I say play it out!!! but you’ll have to get a calling card so don’t know if its worth it… =/

Brian: True story: my friend played a prank on me in university by putting up a picture of my sister as the background image on a big screen in an oil reservoir simulation lab. He locked the image with a password for a week. I got him back by giving his number to some Nigerian prince. He got calls from Malaysia for a month!

C’mon Mona, give the guy a break. He’s scamming me from Hong Kong, English is obviously not his first language. He wants me to establish communications with him via a phone call before we go through with things. What an opportunity this is for me. What’s a calling card cost these days, like $5? Well worth it, well worth it.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Brian: True story: my friend played a prank on me > in university by putting up a picture of my sister > as the background image on a big screen in an oil > reservoir simulation lab. He locked the image with > a password for a week. I got him back by giving > his number to some Nigerian prince. He got calls > from Malaysia for a month! Hahahaha, that is great. I think I’m going to give him my brother’s cell phone number.

Items in Ditches’ Junk Box; I changed my email addy a year ago to avoid the flood of sh!t like this. Nevertheless, my name gets on these lists and I get emails like this daily. Have at it members of AF. Maybe you could buy the CFA Charter from #1. _____________________________________________ 1. Buy a Degree - pinkiechunqn@teamtalk2000.com To buy a degree is quite easy these days. Nevertheless most students just sit around in their usually boring local University classes, wasting money. Why would you do that? These days buying a degree is a matter of personal motivation. But why should you buy a degree? The main reason is the fact that buying a degree on1ine is going to save you time, a lot of time. Usually you have to verify your life experience and you instantly qualify. Even though that is not the main cause why people are buying life experience degree. The actual reason why people buy a life experience degree is because they can not go to a institution in their surrounding area that offers the diploma program they are heading for: For example, if you live near a College which only offers renowned marketing degree, then this doesn’t help you a bit if you’re looking for a marketing degree. To attend classes you might have to travel long distances. Then it might be that the degree that you want is only offered by a institution which costs a fortune. So you have to leave your place, look for accommodation in the University’s place and do all the other stuff involved costing you tons of cheeze. If you buy a degree by verifying your life experience or work experience, you can find the right degree for you without ever having to leave your workplace and instead get all the documents like the diploma certificate with the University’s legal verification and official seal certifying the degree chosen, the transcript, a cover letter, copies of the College’s or University’s official certificate of accreditation, the institutions postal prospectus approval and a few important things more. Having a University degree is very important these days, and as always in life you should only stick with something you want. Beware choosing to be something just because it was the only good degree your local institution offered. After all, you are only going to be good at your job if you like to do it. Thus, you have to get a degree that means something to you. This used to be a task that could take you years. Buying a degree is nothing harmful. It’s a win-win situation for the Colleges involved as well as for you, getting the degree you dreamed of.Give us a call if you are interested to buy a degree from an University! If you are interested to obtain your own degree, please give us a call at 1.718.9895.740 (INSIDE USA) +1.718.9895.740 (OUTSIDE USA) ____________________________________________________________ 2. 83.138.65.168@gmail.com From: Mr.Madi Abel Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Hello Dear, I got your contact during my search for a reliable, honest and a trust worthy person to entrust this huge project with. My name is Mr.Madi Abel, Director, Accounts and Auditing Department of a financial institution here in Burkina Faso. With due respect, I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be beneficial to both of us. At the bank’s last accounts/auditing evaluations, I came across an old account which was being maintained by a foreign client who we learnt was among the deceased passengers of an air crash on August 1997 he died along with his supposed heirs. The account has remained dormant since it was put in a safe deposit account in the bank for future investment by the client. Since his demise, no one has applied for claims over this fund and it has been in the safe deposit account until I discovered that it cannot be claimed since our client is a foreign national and we are sure that he has no next of kin here to file claims over the money. As the director of the department, I decided to seek ways through which to transfer this money out of the bank and out of the country too. The client was a foreign national and you will only be asked to act as his business partner and I will supply you with all the necessary information and bank data to assist you in being able to transfer this money to any bank of your choice where this money could be transferred into. As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money due to civil service code which does not allow civil servants from owing or operating foreign currency account coupled with the fact that the fund is huge thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account on my behalf I intend to part 40% of this fund to you while 60% shall be for me. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this. It’s going to be a bank-to-bank transfer. All I need from you is to stand as the original business partner to the owner of this fund so that the fund can be legally processed to your name and be transferred to your account. If you accept this offer, I will appreciate your timely response at abelma01@msn.com and expect the following data from you. 1. Your Name. 2. Your Nationality. 3. Cell Phone Number. 4. Age and Occupation. With Regards, Mr.Madi Abel. _________________________________________________________ 3. info@camellotgroup.org THE PROMOTIONS DEPARTMENT, CAMELLOT LOTTERY. Attn Winner, We happily announce to you the draw (#954) of the CAMELLOT LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International program. Your e-mail address which subsequently won you the free lottery in the 2nd category. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of GBP 753,437.00 (Seven hundred and fifty-three thousand, four hundred and thirty-seven pounds stearlings}. For claims, you are advise to contact our fiduciary agent with the below email address by sending them an email . Agent Ross Miller Email:camellot.rossmiller2@gmail.com Once again i say congratulations . Yours Sincerely Sir Steven Smith (ONLINE CORDINATOR) CAMELLOT LOTTERY

Dude, you are missing out on so many opportunities there. Why would you not reply to these honest guys? They are just trying to help you out!

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, you are missing out on so many opportunities > there. Why would you not reply to these honest > guys? They are just trying to help you out! In all honesty do you get this stuff often? I swear gmail has moles that sell our info out.

Not really. Every once in a great while one will show up. I’ve been fairly responsible with my email addresses so I do not get a ton of spam on my main accounts.

http://www.thescambaiter.com/