i am gonna get 135 hours...;)

From July 1 to Nov 30… 153 days…total… 40 days saturday n sunday …complete rest,watchin tv , drinkin…nfl… 8hr a sleep everyday…so total 51 days of sleeping… 8 hr job …again 51 days of job in total… so 153-141= 12 days…remaining… 12*24 = 288 hours 153 days… 1 hr dinner etc… 288 -153 = 135 hours for study…

I think you are going to get in 135 hours for your first try at it. Unless you have a pretty strong background, that’s not enough time. Only 1 out of 4 that signs up for this exam passes it and the average amt of tie for passers is like double your 135…

Sleep less, drink less, NFL less (tough!), etc. and study more. JDV is right.

What a calculation! Assuming that 135 hrs were highly efficient! It’s really not easy. Originally I wanted to go for a finance program and learn leisurely because I believe learning should be a fun process instead of being super-stressed and painful. I chose CFA because of its reputation and no need to go to classroom. But I’m forced to sit on a test when I registered. Not used to be tested for decades… Well, in a way, it’s good. I get a bit in the groove now… I don’t have high hope to pass this Dec. but will try best.

Sounds like a solid plan. Bonne Chance!

december 2008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From July 1 to Nov 30… > > 153 days…total… > > 40 days saturday n sunday …complete rest,watchin > tv , drinkin…nfl… > > 8hr a sleep everyday…so total 51 days of > sleeping… > > 8 hr job …again 51 days of job in total… > > > > so 153-141= 12 days…remaining… > > 12*24 = 288 hours > > 153 days… 1 hr dinner etc… > > 288 -153 = 135 hours for study… You work on weekends? for making easy calculation,assume you work for 22 day/Mo. 30- 2*4(weekend) = 22 22*8 * 5 mo = 880/24 = 36.67 days ! So you have more days ! have fun.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you are going to get in 135 hours for your > first try at it. Unless you have a pretty strong > background, that’s not enough time. Only 1 out of > 4 that signs up for this exam passes it and the > average amt of tie for passers is like double your > 135… Agreed.

I’m with jdv here.

dont crush. throw out condoms and ditch la chica. ali didnt crush before his big fights. in jan, you can bang out till you turn blue. this is how you pass

135 hours aint gonna cut it my friend. Im a finance major and I’m on track to put in around 300 hours. 80 hrs since august 4th to date… and ditch the gf…because when you get your new job making bank you can just buy another. more money = more friends. the basic equation of life.