I BET THERE WILL BE 2 EXAMS FOR L2 FROM 2011.

That’s why they release L2’s results together with L1, right?? We’ll be able to take L2 exam in Dec. very sooooon~

I don’t think so, but hey, maybe.

Hopefully!! :smiley: coz i am sure i have to take the exam again!

Or even all three levels in December…if you passed L2, you can just bang out L3! The e-mail is not specific about which levels are eligible for registration on 7/27. That would be sweet but would totally change my late summer and fall plans.

Level III results don’t come out until Mid-August still, they just changed level II. Exam twice a year would be sweet, but I think that at least makes the probability of them offering level III in December a little smaller. I could only dream of potentially being done with all the exams this December, and getting in a full year of golf next year you would be amazing.

This isnt going to happen any time soon. I know some people at CFAI and its not even close to being on the table for discussion. If you aspire to obtain the charter, you shouldnt want this anyway. All it will mean is much lower pass rates for levels 2 and 3.

I’m not afraid of low passing rate…I’m afraid of the passage of the time…-.-

that would be SO SWEET. and it make sense why make people wait AN ENTIRE YEAR…i mean what does that prove!

HighYielder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This isnt going to happen any time soon. I know > some people at CFAI and its not even close to > being on the table for discussion. > > If you aspire to obtain the charter, you shouldnt > want this anyway. All it will mean is much lower > pass rates for levels 2 and 3. A. you dont “know” anyone at CFAI B. if you did,“they” would never tell you that C. why else would they release the results early…so people can register and restudy for Level II now being offered in Dec.

Why wouldn’t the CFAI eventually offer L2 twice a year? Pros - Helps ease the bottleneck of L1-> L2 - Greater flexibility for candidates, eliminates seasonality i.e. tax season - Almost every other professional program on the planet is offered at least 2x per year - More $$$ for the CFAI, duh Cons - A candidate could cycle through the exams in 12 mos (L1 Jun, L2 Dec, L3 Jun). Maybe not a bad thing but aesthetically it appears to devalue the charter. There are probably a few more cons from the CFAI point of view, but the biggest win for the candidates would be the memory retention factor. If you failed L2 in June how much are you really going to remember next January when you start studying again? Prob not much. You would definitely remember a hell of a lot more if you were to start studying in September for the L2 Dec exam. Now, I am a little biased because I more than likely failed this year’s exam and want another crack at it without waiting another 11 months. L2 in Dec this year is not going to happen but I think it is certainly a realistic possibility for 2011. Hopefully by then I don’t care because I’ve moved on to L3.

Your analysis is still accurate Chuckrox. It will only benefit CFAI.

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HighYielder Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This isnt going to happen any time soon. I > know > > some people at CFAI and its not even close to > > being on the table for discussion. > > > > If you aspire to obtain the charter, you > shouldnt > > want this anyway. All it will mean is much > lower > > pass rates for levels 2 and 3. > > > A. you dont “know” anyone at CFAI > B. if you did,“they” would never tell you that > C. why else would they release the results > early…so people can register and restudy for > Level II now being offered in Dec. I do in fact. You must have mistaken me for someone that likes to f–k with people. Have it your way.

and to answer part c: - they would release results early because Level 2 exams finish the grading process before Level 3 does, and it would greatly lessen the burden on CFAI employees to be able to split up the release of results. One can only imagine the amount of incoming calls, requests for regrades, etc. that come in. And we haven’t even talked about the IT angle yet - it took me several hours to get my results for both level 2 and 3 due to problems on their end. I’ve been on the site for a long time and was inappropriately banned, so if you think I am here to BS you, than that is on you.

HighYielder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and to answer part c: - they would release results > early because Level 2 exams finish the grading > process before Level 3 does, and it would greatly > lessen the burden on CFAI employees to be able to > split up the release of results. One can only > imagine the amount of incoming calls, requests for > regrades, etc. that come in. And we haven’t even > talked about the IT angle yet - it took me several > hours to get my results for both level 2 and 3 due > to problems on their end. > > I’ve been on the site for a long time and was > inappropriately banned, so if you think I am here > to BS you, than that is on you. OK. take it easy. Been long here or knows anyone counts for nothing. The increasing candidates will push CFAI to consider Dec L2 exam at last, right?

coshair Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s why they release L2’s results together with > L1, right?? Maybe because of it being a multiple-choice exam, with half the questions to grade than L1. I never understood why results used to be in August before anyway.

Wish in one hand, s–t in the other, and see which one fills up faster.

of course there’ll be an L2 in December. After all, the CFAI has nothing better to do than make up an extra test each year. And finding large conference space to administer the tests in major cities around the world in the month before Xmas is a piece of cake. And getting extra graders in January is probably a breeze. (BTW, typing the subject in all Caps also makes it a certainty)

I know you gonna hate me if I say this , but… If I pass this exam L2 shouldn’t be in Dec, but If I fail this exam L2 better be offered this year, right now THIS YEAR!!! Can’t wait for the result to come out. Haiz. I think I’m becoming a psycho soon if the result is unfavorable…

I think the reason level 2 gets released with level 1 is that they are both scantron tests. Level 3 has the essay portion which obviously takes a bit longer to grade. Also there is a greater rush to let people know they have passed/failed levels 1 and 2 so that they can continue their prep whereas people in Level 3 that have passed are finished.

Yes.