I can't find Mock2 after paying for two...! Help

I’m sorry for making a new thread, but I can’t find Mock2 and I just paid 100 and did number one. Can anyone help? Where am I supposed to find it? Thanks

i haven’t done it yet, but someone said you go back to the pulldown at the top right and proceed like you’re going to buy it again, then the test will pop up below. can you confirm? i’ll be doing it in a few days.

Hey I had the same problem on friday. Sometime it is SLOW for mock 2 to show up and load (I have on idea why). But rest assured, it will show up. For me it took about 1-2 hrs after i finished mock 1 to show up…how long has it been?

I have waited about 20 hours

I had to call in! They got it up immediately after that.

Hahaha ok… Well I called in too after the 1st hour. So maybe that was why it was up and running after the 2nd hour. I sugget you call Testrack or whatever they are called…I thikn the dude’s name Doug Oldale or osmething works weekends. (just hit #1 for him)

but the cfainstitute is closed. Whats the right number to call now??

Don’t call the cfa institute. You call testrack, they are the one administering the test. ttonline@testrac.com Douglas. B. Odell TesTrac.com, Ltd. 1409 Summit Oaks Drive Burnsville, Minnesota 55337 USA 952-997-0641 Fax952-432-6646 www.testrac.com

thanks- I’ll do that I the meanwhile I have bought another test:; sample2 - It’s KILLING me!

Hmm yea I’ve heard about that sample 2 on this forum. I’ve decided I’m not taking it. :slight_smile:

Not sure that’s the ideal strategy.

kellyc319 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t call the cfa institute. You call testrack, > they are the one administering the test. > > ttonline@testrac.com > > Douglas. B. Odell > > TesTrac.com, Ltd. > > 1409 Summit Oaks Drive > > Burnsville, Minnesota 55337 USA > > 952-997-0641 > > Fax952-432-6646 > > www.testrac.com Kelly…thank you so much for the phone number…i called and within two seconds it was up…thanks for your help

They don’t answer the phone. I’ve tried twice…

I did what cfas1 said, use the drop down menu on the top right corner and select the 100 dolar option and voila level 2 appeared (w/o charge ofcourse). that should work

I dunno cuellarar, I tried that like 10 times at work on friday…didn’t do it for me. I had to call in. Bacaladitos send Doug an email. They are in the US in Minnesota I think? It is the weekend, so that is why no one is there. Just leave a voicemail.

I just send an email

It looks like he fixed it now…