I could use some advise

I have a BS in Finance, but all my work experience is in bookkeeping/accounting. I got a job in accounting while I was going to school. Now that I have graduated, I want out of accounting. I’ve been trying to break into the finance field as an analyst or researcher with no luck. Will entering the CFA program help me get out of accounting and into finance? Part of me thinks that I should just shut up and do it, and another part thinks I should get a job that would qualify for the CFA before I start the program. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

First: learn how to spell. Second: just do it. it can only help you.

Just do it. You might still not succeed, but at least your chances will go up by a bit.

Take the exams, it will get you in the mindset of a finance guy and help you expand your network. At the same time join your local CFA Society chapter and meet people in the industry, go to seminars and learn about current events, etc.

continue your job. Do the CFA alongside. wont hurt thats for sure.

On a money basis, you will probably improve your investing results for your retirement accounts by more than the cost of the program by pursuing the CFA. If you were to pass on the first time, the tests would set you back about $2500. If you avoid even one $2500 mistake (and there will probably be many you might make) because of the CFA, it’s worth it financially. But you also have to factor in the time it takes to study for the exam. It’s a lot of work. But if you’re trying to break into the investment aspect of finance, there are additional reasons to do it.

Learn game and forget about finance. You’ll be happier in the long run.

Sorry about my spelling. I must look like an idiot. I posted that after a long day. Thank you for your response.

dcraw78 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry about my spelling. I must look like an > idiot. I posted that after a long day. Thank you > for your response. just dont let it happen again guy.