I did not cover L1 CBOK thoroughly - how will I fare with L2?

As the title states, I did not cover the L1 CBOK thoroughly - I only studied for 4 weeks (full-time), and most books were not even opened. Due to focusing on core topics and having an undergraduate degree in finance and economics, I scraped by on L1 this June… Mine is very clearly a case where “ethics” tipped the scales in my favour:

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - - * - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 * - - - Quantitative Methods 28 * - -

I’ve registered for the June 2013 L2 exam, and my question is - how should I study?!

Is it neccesary for me to take a step back and review L1 material (or perhaps more importantly - read those topics and sections which I haven’t read or studied whatsoever)? OR should I just dive straight into the L2 books?

Are the L2 readings “all-inclusive” in the sense that topics are fully explained from scratch (containing some review of L1 material) or is mastery of L1 material taken for granted?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Bushido88

For the purposes of passing the exam, I would just dive into L2 books. Each level is self contained enough for you to pass the exam by working through the chapters without looking back to L1 stuff. However, if you feel you need more confidence in tackling L2,which is the hardest of all 3 levels in terms of content,there is still ample time to read some L1 material in those areas where you feel uncomfortable.

if you have cleared level-1 without reading all the CBOK, with only 4 weeks of study that means you already have what it takes… (by the way im impressed, i studied more than 500 hours in level-1 :p)

go straight to level-2 curriculum and refer back to level-1 only if you have problem with some concepts… which i feel you wont have…

Good Luck!