I did not get my books

Hi all, I have registed for L2 but the books have not been shiped. when I contacted the CFA they said the mailing address was not valid. since they use the UPS, P.O box can;t be use as mailing address. BUT, where I reside we only use P.O box system. what I can do?

“BUT, where I reside we only use P.O box system. what I can do?” Firstly, that’s pretty fugging strange/bizarre that “you” (as in your country, state, province, or municipality) only use PO boxes, but not knowing much about international postal systems (or domestic, for that matter) I’ll breeze over this and leave this to the real mail delivery experts to handle. However, in regards to your question about what you should do, I think I can help you out here. 1. Firstly, did you call UPS and see what your other options are? Whilst taking into account that whatever ass backwards place you (most likely) reside in probably doesn’t get too many UPS deliveries as most of the people are too poor to even afford the most basic neccessities, I’m sure someone at some point really “made it big” and has enough in the bank to order, say, a book off of Amazon.com or something similar. This person would’ve needed to solve the same problem that you currently have, and we’ll assume (rightly or wrongly) that they’re not as helpless/incompetent/lazy as you and proactively sought and found a solution. Which leads me to point #2… 2. Ask your fugging neighbors what they did. However, if my assumption about at least someone in a five mile radius having a net worth of at least $100 and therefore the ability to order products online was indeed “making an ASS out of U and ME”, then see point 3. 3. However, if you really are the first member of your tribe, clan, family, or commune to attempt to receive a package via UPS AND they say that they ABSOLUTELY can not deliver it to you, then I would say you’d have to drive/take a train/horse/camel/large dog to the nearest UPS distribution center and pick it up yourself. Hope this helps.

1. You can always mail it to your work…that is if you do have a job and your place of employment is in some sort of a building structure…

Its really sad to see how people get really stripped off for asking questions like the above. While I can understand that the question may not stimulate your intellectual creativity, you surely had another option, that is to not reply at all. While I can see that you are “fugging” humorous in the way you write and people may have a good laugh … just bear a thought for that poor chap who asked that innocent question. explorecfa: I hope you explored the subtle points that skillioniare made in that heavy facade of a reply …

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “BUT, where I reside we only use P.O box system. > what I can do?” > > Firstly, that’s pretty fugging strange/bizarre > that “you” (as in your country, state, province, > or municipality) only use PO boxes, but not > knowing much about international postal systems > (or domestic, for that matter) I’ll breeze over > this and leave this to the real mail delivery > experts to handle. > > However, in regards to your question about what > you should do, I think I can help you out here. > > 1. Firstly, did you call UPS and see what your > other options are? Whilst taking into account > that whatever ass backwards place you (most > likely) reside in probably doesn’t get too many > UPS deliveries as most of the people are too poor > to even afford the most basic neccessities, I’m > sure someone at some point really “made it big” > and has enough in the bank to order, say, a book > off of Amazon.com or something similar. This > person would’ve needed to solve the same problem > that you currently have, and we’ll assume (rightly > or wrongly) that they’re not as > helpless/incompetent/lazy as you and proactively > sought and found a solution. Which leads me to > point #2… > > 2. Ask your fugging neighbors what they did. > However, if my assumption about at least someone > in a five mile radius having a net worth of at > least $100 and therefore the ability to order > products online was indeed “making an ASS out of U > and ME”, then see point 3. > > 3. However, if you really are the first member of > your tribe, clan, family, or commune to attempt to > receive a package via UPS AND they say that they > ABSOLUTELY can not deliver it to you, then I would > say you’d have to drive/take a > train/horse/camel/large dog to the nearest UPS > distribution center and pick it up yourself. > > Hope this helps. LOL

skillionare has a lot of time in his hands, considering the fact that he said that he needs to study for FRM. explorercfa, you can try going to their distribution center and picking it up. will that work?

Eros, perhaps taking your own advice would be a propos here, no? If not, at least you wouldn’t come across as a hypocrite…no one else had taken a stab at the question, so I tried to help the person (in my own special way, obviously). Sorry if I felt like trying to throw some “fugging” humor in there - I personally don’t think that this is the type of question that one should ask on an “analyst” forum, but that is, obviously, my own opinion, which I clearly have no trouble voicing. However, as you’ll notice from most of my recent posts, while I have no problem poking fun at the idiocy of a question, I’ll usually give an answer as well. As the real “meat and potatoes” technnical/applicable questions to the test won’t start in earnest for at least another few months, I thought I’d have some fun while trying to help others. If you don’t like it, “you surely had another option, that is to not reply at all.” Ruhi, I’ve already asked you once in another thread not to bother me. Please don’t let it happen again.

skilionaire wrote: “Ruhi, I’ve already asked you once in another thread not to bother me. Please don’t let it happen again.” this sounds like a dangerous threat, you may be banned from this from. what do you think, Chad?

“poking fun at the idiocy of a question” Well thats exactly what i was referring to … what do you get off it apart from some sadistic pleasure. Well if you say that an analyst forum is not for this kind of questions !! ( btw does the forum have a rule book with this as a part of its don’ts ??) then, an analyst forum is also not a place where you poke fun on others. as for me giving an answer to the question … as i had mentioned you had already given it in your own inimitable way … so what is the point in repeating… Yeah sure go ahead and give your answers in your own special way… guess we both have different opinions … so we might as well continue that way … no hard feelings …

No hard feelings at all. I could (perhaps) be a little “gentler” in my answers, but I can’t make any promises. However, in response to your question, I do get a “sadistic” pleasure from it, and based on some responses in other threads (including this one), some others do as well. As for the “rule book” question, I made sure to qualify that statement with “in my opinion”, however warped that may be. Personally, if I were explorercfa, I would’ve laughed at my answer, but then again I tend to think that everyone has the same sick sense of humor as me. Clearly, there are some that don’t. They’re more than welcome to click the “hide posts from this user” button. Sn8eye, it’s rare that I’m at a loss for words, but you’ve done it. That might be the singular most idiotic statement I’ve ever read.

sn8eye Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skilionaire wrote: “Ruhi, I’ve already asked you > once in another thread not to bother me. Please > don’t let it happen again.” > > this sounds like a dangerous threat, you may be > banned from this from. > what do you think, Chad? Funnily, I don’t remember him saying anything of that sort anywhere. He gets his facts wrong in the first place and then he takes the liberty of blaming someone else…“fugging brilliant memory” I would say, for he doesn’t even remember what he says, where he says, when he says and to whom he says it. Sn8eye, best to ignore posts from people who have a “sick sense of humor”. I have been here for more than a year and it’s sad to come across some people who enjoy a good laugh at the expense of others.

“Funnily.” That’s all I have to say about that. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,608663 The above thread is where I asked you to “not take that tone with me”. I find that phrase and “don’t bother me” to be fairly interchangeable, rightly or wrongly. Ruhi, it’s clear that you and I share differences of opinion on this (and hopefully on many other matters). In the future perhaps we should keep our direct communication/interaction offline to reduce the “noise” on this phorum. If you (or anyone else) would like to email me regarding this or anything else you’d like to discuss, feel free. np_skillionaire@yahoo.com Hate mail is welcome. [Edit: fixed email address.]

^^ Agree! no hard feelings…you continue your way, i’ll continue with mine. “ignore user” would be the best way to go about it.

skillionaires reverse psychology emacking FTW Though the thought of how ‘attractive’ the women might be on a CFA Forum makes my stomach turn. Though I’m sure there’s some exceptions. (I only said that to appease the minority population)

SWD, I’m sure there are some dimes on AF. Unfortunately, there’s many, many more manatees. Many more. I should qualify this statement by saying that I’ve never actually seen what anyone on AF looks like and am just extrapolating based upon my years in the finance industry. If any of you girls are hot and am pissed that I’m assuming you’re a librarian wearing a mumu, feel free to send all the sexy pictures you want to: np_skillionaire@yahoo.com If you are indeed hot, I’ll verify this for everyone on the forum. Instantly your posts will become more insightful, thought-provoking, and humorous.

We have three female CFA charterholders here and trust me… THEY ARE HOT. Well… Two of them are really really hot but I wouldn’t turn down number three either.

Why am I reading this? Oh well, let me take the time to add this comment for all the AF pimp’s in training: After seeing the mix of male candidates at my testing center this past June, my advice to ‘insert anonymous screenname here’ is to focus on talking to actual real world women and refrain from commenting on the attractiveness of other cyberspace participants. …because the vast majority of the male test takers I saw would be lucky to score above 5 on my star-trek-nerd-math-geek-my-mom-bought-me-these-dockers scale.

My books have been in Richmond since yesterday morning. wtf.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My books have been in Richmond since yesterday > morning. wtf. Storko, where are you from? Is that Richmond Vancouver? I recieved my books a day after it was recieved in Richmond Vancouver and I live in North Vancouver. If you are from Vancouver or area, we should study together…

Sure, I am in downtown.