I failed :(

I took it in NYC (which was freezing by the way) and pretty sure i flunked. Ethics had many gray areas too… Note to self: No more using Schweser materials ever again!

Yea i think im in the same boat as you. Studied way too early and forgot everything i learned in the begining. Should have took more notes, and too much personal stuff happend too close to the test. There is too much info on the CFAI book, i was thinking about using Schweser this time.

Schweser User here … VERY disappointed, the actual exam focused much more on concept/general knowledge while Schweser notes went depth with calculations and ratios (NPV, Diluted EPS, Ex-dupont … etc) to be more specific … an example would be Schweser will demonstrate/ask you to calculate which open-end mutual fund has the highest HPY, giving dif classes/% of fees. While the actual exam only asked if the open-end was trading at above/below NAV, was it managed by invetment companies … stuff like that the girl sat next to me kept tapping her calculator while i only had to use it … for about 10-15 questions on each session …

Thank God i listened to my buddys advise that should focus more on concepts then calculations. he was exactly right. he also mentioned that if your well prepared, you can tackle that exam without a calculator, certanily agree with that. also, i agree with you Ultmustang, i used it for no more then 20 Qs.

The exam is much more meaningful and reasonable than I expected. It focused more on basic concepts and conclusions from basic concepts. Schewer book 6 (exam book) did a bad job it focused too much on the details, which frankly I don’t think anyone ever cares in real world. That being said, overall I give Schewer notes a thumb up. The sessions and questions after each session are pretty good and cover the LOS well, in a short but clear way. I used Schewer notes only and I’m looking for Schewer notes level 2 if I pass. NYC test center is freezing like no heater at all!

I feel the exam need some thorough knowledge about the concept, instead of just know how to apply the forum. this make the exam question tricky. the afternoon session have some more calcuation type question than the morning session. the question is most like know or not. charl2007 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The exam is much more meaningful and reasonable > than I expected. It focused more on basic concepts > and conclusions from basic concepts. > > Schewer book 6 (exam book) did a bad job it > focused too much on the details, which frankly I > don’t think anyone ever cares in real world. > > That being said, overall I give Schewer notes a > thumb up. The sessions and questions after each > session are pretty good and cover the LOS well, in > a short but clear way. I used Schewer notes only > and I’m looking for Schewer notes level 2 if I > pass. NYC test center is freezing like no heater > at all!

Hey I guess I failed too. :frowning: I have no confidence on my passing chances. Looks like have to hit the books again for June and that thought is very depressing!!! swetha

I’ll keep the momentum and start working toward level I June before the results would be out. I don’t remember a thing about the exam. Still feel like I got hit by a speeding train! It is not the end of the world, this is just the beginning. “I feel like a prisoner” (Paris Hilton:) )

map1…step one, stop quoting Paris Hilton…curious: how did you do on CFAI prctice or schweser pratice?

i have to quote:) I was in the lower 70%

Lower 70s will get you through…if you did that well consistently over a bunch of practice exams then you need to trust that you knew the material.

About 30 sessions, say 15 exams. It was in the lower 50% at the beginning though, than growing steadily as I repeated my notes. I used to feel like it will be the end of my world if I don’t pass this exam (self esteem related I think). My spirit now: “get me a tougher one, I’m ready to face it!”

You are no Paris hilton then, my friend.

hey map1 i cabbed it to mccormick finally, glad i did bcoz of the snow later. i have mixed feelings about the exam now, leaning heavily towards the positive side though. we’ll know soon enough. i didn’t think it was too bad. i now know it was a good decision to do the CFAI sample exams and not be discouraged by low scores on those samples (i scored in the lower 60s). fingers crossed…

i’m really sorry, but you may surprise yourself. i studied for five months and i am a smart person and i still don’t feel sure that i passed. in fact when i left, i felt like shit but that’s because i’m a perfectionist and of course, i didn’t ace the test. now that i look back on it i’m not necessarily sure i can say that i think i missed 60+ questions, but i could have. who knows? best of luck.

dennis2085, I felt like %$+#|@^&*? too and only recovered when I went to party that evening. The CFA exam is a killer. I am 50-50. I hate to imagine that I studied for that long and still found the exam difficult. I have always thought I am above average but with this exam I can only say that nobody is smatter - anyone can fail/ pass. NYC was also freezing and the proctors had their own phones ringing thru the exam - which was a distraction If I fail - I am in for June 08. Bests everyone

erice, you seem just like me. i was really going to avoid this board like the plague after the test because i was scared everyone would be like “i thought it was so easy!!!1111111111” and that would make me feel bad, but now i feel better. i know lots of people on this board are smart and if they found the test the same way i did then that only means that i’m not alone. best of luck erice. if i fail, i’m definitely going to give it another shot.

I’m sure at least half the people posting on this thread passed. I never felt comfortable walking out of any of the three CFA exams I ended up passing. It’s not an exam where the norm is to feel like you killed it. Also, don’t get caught up in some of the posts that argues answers, as sometimes the majority is wrong. You’ll end up doubting yourself more than you should… Best of luck to all of you.

Lets cross our fingers and toes that we pass; then we shoot for LII. If we fail, its not the end of it, I am sure we’ll have a better chance taking it round 2 in June 08.

luke, you are the man. thanks for the advice. i didn’t talk to anyone after the test, but it’s good to know some of the things i know now. i am not necessarily super confident, but i feel relief.