I feel i should pass this time around. Should i re-tab?

I failed at Band 10,

40/60/80 score showed me

Estimate = 68%

Minimum = 60%

Maximum = 81.7%

Should i consider a retab considering how near it is? But i have a feeling that this year’s MPS is quite high at least 65% and above.

My score as below:

AI, CF, Equity, Ethics, PM >70%

Derivatives, FRA, FI 50-70%

Econs & Quans <50%

Appreciate your advice. Thanks!

You probably missed a PASS by 1 question, 2 max.

#ThatSucks

lol… what leads you to that conclusion?

For me, this is a pass. If you think a re-tab might change your result, give it a shot. I heard somebody said that a re-tab doesn’t change much of the situation but you definitely can give it a try.

If I were you I would not waste $100 trying to change nothing. However if you feel like retab can give you peace of mind then go for it.

I got same result as you, and got band 10. Will the CFA institute suddenly email me saying they made a mistake…lol??

$100 is actually alot and i wouldnt wanna waste it, but weighing the fact that it provides me peace of mind is actually quite tempting… well not sure lol… I have not seen anyone no matter where i googled had their results brought from Band 10 to pass…

might as well spend that $100 on a nice dinner celebrating you got a band 10! I’d rather reward the award winning chefs than the people from CFAI shuffling paper.

lol I got a band 10 as well. There is nothing much to really celebrate. You feel like hitting yourself in the eye. It is like you are not close enough and not to far away from passing.

Same feeling, look at my results:

40/60/80 estimate: 66%

Min: 52.35%

Max: 80.8%

Equity, FRA, FI, PM, Quants >70%

Eco, Ethics 50-70%

Alt, Corp Fi, Derivatives <50%

Don’t know if i should waste $100 to get some peace of mind… thanks for your advice guys

From what I understand, doing a retab makes sense ONLY if you feel you killed it and got Band 1-5.

Failed band 10.

40/60/80:

estimated score : 67

max: 81

min: 58

<50 - corp, quants

50-70 - ethics, equity, Econ

>70 - alt, derivatives, fra, portfolio, fixed income

Failed band 10.

40/60/80:

estimated score : 67

max: 81

min: 58

<50 - corp, quants

50-70 - ethics, equity, Econ

>70 - alt, derivatives, fra, portfolio, fixed income

Rational Economic Man would not request a re-tab.

DAMN DANIEL