I hate my job

WestCoastCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek, would you mind sharing your story about > PIMCO as well? My story is second hand. My friend interviewed at PIMCO for a middle office position. The person went in to their offices at very short notice each time and the process was just not handled very well. The person was strung along for months and finally rejected after getting positive feedback, then no word for 2 months, then positive feedback again, then visited the offices again from afar … and so on until the person was finally rejected. It was a long drawn out process that basically destroyed my friend’s morale. The person never succeeded in getting a job in AM and is still looking. I should add that the person was a recent graduate looking for first job.

MeddlingKids, I hate my job too so I understand. If I were you, I’ll take (2). I’ve been interviewing for another job with a small firm about 2 hours away. If I get it and the pay is right, I will take it. Sometimes its no use thinking too much, life’s too short for you to spend a year miserable…

I agree 100% with coolmelon. Life is too short to hate your job.

#2 sounds best! And how bad could the train be… I commute 5 times a week by train to school/work (which are right beside each other) and the train ride alone (excluding metro) is 1 hour each way! best thing about it? I grab an extra hour of sleep in the mornings and 1 hour to study on the way home… dont be miserable… drop #3 like its hot…

It is very easy for the other posters, most of whom have no clue what your job entails (I do), to tell you to drop your current job. The chances of you getting a much better job in an analyst or junior analyst capacity are slim, even if you go up to LA, with your current experience. You should certainly try - by all means! But, knowing what it is that you do, I can honestly tell you that structuring experience would be viewed in a completely different light by anyone in the industry. If you’re considering a job in compliance, then it sounds like you’re not really sure what you want to do (and that’s okay). The fact that you’d be content as a manager in deal management also makes it clear that you don’t have a front-office-or-bust mentality. But if you want to get into the front office, look hard for another job but get the structuring experience.

MeddlingKids, cfa2grunt is right in that, I don’t really know what your present job entails. But it sounds like you really hate your job. You can grin and bear with it but if you are posting on this site with this question, you must be at a loss as to what to do. Deep down, you know you prob want to quit.

hey any pimco guys here?

things can be worst…you could end up at a call centre discount brokerage environment…you think it can’t happen…so did I…