I Hate PM

Had done it from Schweser - feels like a decade ago… Figured I should read from CFAI now… It’s long as hell - and the formulae are just flying all over my brain…

hang in there

i thought schweser did a good job

What used to be a small section with high points per effort ratio has turned into a PITA. Did Book 6 exam 1 and got my lunch handed to me. Guess what I am doing tonight?

cjb001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i thought schweser did a good job That’s because they don’t cover everything to the same depth so its kind of an ignorance is bliss type thing, its what got people last year. Alot of people who have read both strongly recommend reading the CFAI texts on it for that reason.

yeah…it’s been the postings on AF that have convinced me I should probably read through it. I used to think I understand it from schweser - but the practice tests always got me… now I know why… still…I hate it

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What used to be a small section with high points > per effort ratio has turned into a PITA. Did Book > 6 exam 1 and got my lunch handed to me. Guess > what I am doing tonight? My amount of notecards for SS18 tripled over the amount last year. If you are doing the SS in order it is like getting to the top of the hill (or so you thought) only to realize there is a long hike still ahead of you.

the end of the chapter questions in the CFA books are good.

^^ Sponge_Bob exactly!!!

Agreed Bud, and I have to say I still believe there is a high points to effort ratio. Once you take a day and memorize all the little annoying formulas such as portfolio variance they become easy points, just takes a little time.

yeah, i was shocked, but I like how the CFA books had 2-3 questions on each important topic so you could keep repeating the steps. I’m going to kill those questions now (if we get them)

ok… just finished the first chapter from the cfai pm section… all i remember is mean-variance analysis arbitrage pricing theory multifactor models fundamental factor models active risk active return some other correlation covariance stuff …not the concepts…just the spellings… ooh…and CAPM … dyingg… PS: Did anyone notice how suddenly in the last section of that chapter they start referring to the “investor” as “She”… haha…that was weird… ok back to books…ta

CFAI end of reading questions for PM get nasty. To the point where I was wondering what the hell they were talking about. Nevertheless, I think this section more than any other it is important to read the CFAI text. There is so much to cover and schweser does a good job, but they don’t go very in depth. Even the L2 schweser prof highly recommends reading CFAI texts for PM.

mumu, i noticed that as well

Referring to investor as “she”… LOL. :wink:

ok that’s it… orm…you and me…outside!

My whole weekend was doing PM and yeah, the stack note cards is my second largest, FSA is largest. blo*dy humbling experience

PM sucks the big one.

“still…I hate it” As you should. Its ferocious.

ya this year schweser’s PM section is much improved, i somehow got the 07 version and read both… funny