I have a problem.

i tend to forget what i studied as i am going along. I forget some of the stuff that i covered in previos chapters and that scares me a lot. I do write down the important stuff as i am studying but still i forget stuff. Especially economices, i finished studying it few weeks ago and can not remember most of it right now. Why is that?

Key To Success: Repetition!

The key is to keep doing problems. The material on the exam is not very challenging, but it’s hard to retain so much information at the same time in your head. I was introduced to a big chunk of this material (essentially everything after Economics) for the first time by reading the CFA institute notes. I read the whole curriculum once and did the practice questions as I went along. By the time I was done reading, I had already forgotten most of it, and it took about 1000 questions from the Schweser Question bank for most of it to come back to my head. You will have to do a LOT of practice problems in conjunction with your reading to retain such a great volume of information, I don’t see any other way to pull it off…

word

Just remember everybody is going through the same thing. Keep knocking down those questions.

I do not have QBank. Is it a must have???

good question. i just started studying, about 175 pages in on the first book, and just starting studying quantitative methods…i’m a newbie, but have a financial background. wondering about the QBank and others as well…

retention is the most difficult part in level 1

ssdnola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i tend to forget what i studied as i am going > along. I forget some of the stuff that i covered > in previos chapters and that scares me a lot. I do > write down the important stuff as i am studying > but still i forget stuff. Especially economices, i > finished studying it few weeks ago and can not > remember most of it right now. Why is that? FLASH CARDS