I have a Q.

Hi guys . thank god for finding this forum. I’m very happy to be here. I have a problem in my way to get CFA. I didn’t complete my Bachelor degree yet I’ve just finished 41 hours. And I have high diploma in administrative. I have some personal experience in trading since 2006. I’m a self educated man I studied some economic, quant. and accountant at university. I do some reports with technical and fundamental analysis and sell them to some investors I think financial market is my place and I need to get CFA so badly to get a better job, more understanding and knowledge for financial market and finally for my own business. I’ve started reading and studying some CFA materials that I have. Do you think the CFAI will give me the chance to do level 1? By the way I’m 36 xd Thanks guys

From the CFAI website: “Before you enroll in the CFA Program and register for your first exam: * Meet the entrance requirements: - Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree - or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program at the time of registration” They tend to be sticklers about these sorts of things. By 41 hours do you mean 41 credits? You might be able to qualify on the final year rule. A lot of firms will not consider you without a Bachelor’s (at least in the US), so it’s probably in your best interest to get it out of the way, unless you want to go 100% entrepreneurial.

Traderx Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi guys . thank god for finding this forum. I’m > very happy to be here. > > I have a problem in my way to get CFA. I didn’t > complete my Bachelor degree yet I’ve just > finished 41 hours. And I have high diploma in > administrative. I have some personal experience in > trading since 2006. I’m a self educated man I > studied some economic, quant. and accountant at > university. > > I do some reports with technical and fundamental > analysis and sell them to some investors > I think financial market is my place and I need to > get CFA so badly to get a better job, more > understanding and knowledge for financial market > and finally for my own business. > I’ve started reading and studying some CFA > materials that I have. > > Do you think the CFAI will give me the chance to > do level 1? > > By the way I’m 36 xd > > Thanks guys You do not need a degree, you need the work experience though. What is 41 hours?

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You do not need a degree, you need the work > experience though. > What is 41 hours? How does he not need a degree? The CFAI specifically states you need a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.

i am pretty sure you dont need a degree to obtain the charter

ah…ok

Here are the requirements to enroll Meet the entrance requirements: Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree - or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program at the time of registration - or have four years of qualified, professional work experience - or have a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years

SmokeyJoeWood Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From the CFAI website: > > “Before you enroll in the CFA Program and register > for your first exam: > > * Meet the entrance requirements: > - Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent) > degree > - or be in the final year of your > bachelor’s degree program at the time of > registration” > > They tend to be sticklers about these sorts of > things. By 41 hours do you mean 41 credits? You > might be able to qualify on the final year rule. > > A lot of firms will not consider you without a > Bachelor’s (at least in the US), so it’s probably > in your best interest to get it out of the way, > unless you want to go 100% entrepreneurial. yes 41 credits sorry to make you confuse guys

also I don’t have official experience expect my own business. I’ll study it weather they let me in or not for my own benefit although the road full of holes.

Why not get a degree? You have 41 credits, so in a normal university you need another 80 credits. Taking part-time classes, it will probably take 5 years, which is the average time to finish the CFA. I think having a degree on your resume is 100 times better than the CFA. Especially since none of your work experience will apply