I know a lot of you folks are getting...

^ Dude, we’re going to do it again for L2. Life is tough & unfair…, no need to be scared of L2.

I would be taking CTP this December. As I am already in Corporate Treasury, I think it will be useful to me. Plus I dont want to start for L2 so early. But as you pointed out, its initial validity is 3 years and then you need to gather credits to keep you certification. Also, in my opinion, it should be taken more for knowledge and not as much for making your resume look good. I have already got their study material. It is about 700 pages in total. I have read about first 30 pages. So far, their material is not as impressive as CFAI material. The cost of the program is approx $1150, but if you take their comprehensive preparation package, total cost could go upto $2000.

^ Cost of the CTP is ridiculous just to gain knowledge of something that won’t add much to your career growth or “make your resume look good.” I’ll rather invest that money into something that will actually add value. Opportunity cost is just too much!