I like CFAI Exams

I just went over 2005 and 2006. I should say I feel a little better after Stalla and Schweser exams. There was minimal memorization answers, mostly it was logic and theory. No list characteristics of …, or what is the definition when… . Some stalla and schweser questions are so poor quality, for some questions, the writer of the questions simply opened the book and picked a sentence and turn it into a question. I am glad I did the CFAI exams so I can study accordingly (to the style) for the remaining days.

Yeah…I did 2005 last night and noticed that as well. Will be doing 2006 today and 2007 tomorrow. As I said in a different post last night, I really really now wish I had done these at the beginning of last week. Time is my enemy!!

Totally Agree. I did 2006&2007. I appreciated the time CFAI spends to formulate meaningful questions. Expecially after struggling with Schweser. With some questions of Schweser, I cannot even understand what is the question.

I agree too (based on my L1 and L2 experiences, not enough exposure at L3). A large proportion of the time when I’m really confused or upset that I couldn’t think of something in a Stalla problem, it’s because the question is badly worded or left out some key assumption. The CFAI guys do a VERY GOOD JOB of screening for these kinds of things. Thanks CFAI!

I agree^^^ and also I dont know if CFAI posted actual exams in prior years but I think the reason they post AM sessions is that ppl screw up so bad depending on sch and stalla, CFAI might have wanted to provide a benchmark as to how to answer the port. mng questions and so on…

are you saying morning sessions samples were never available before?

how does anyone find the CFAI AM exams timewise? I did one a few weeks ago and will do others in next couple of days so cannot judge myself yet. I found the Schweser AMs took me a lot longer than their PMs.

How much are you guys scoring on these though. I can’t seem to get past 65%

I’ve done the all the AM exams, done the 2007 one this morning. Although there good exercises, I was drained doing them. I was tired and literally took breaks between each question, even breaks between a) b) c) I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this fatigue as well. My answers were also half-ass sometimes jotting just a few words down. Was really hard to focus on what the questions were asking and I didn’t spend the time necessary to adequately analyze the data given. Obviously on exam day, you’re psyched up and wouldn’t experience these symptoms. What I thought I would do over the next couple of days is go over the 2005-2007 exams and just re-writing (or summarizing) the CFAI answers to just get a feel for the writing that would score points. What do you guys think?

I’ve done the all the AM exams, done the 2007 one this morning. Although there good exercises, I was drained doing them. I was tired and literally took breaks between each question, even breaks between a) b) c) I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this fatigue as well. My answers were also half-ass sometimes jotting just a few words down. Was really hard to focus on what the questions were asking and I didn’t spend the time necessary to adequately analyze the data given. I find putting pencil to paper really is demanding. Obviously on exam day, you’re psyched up and wouldn’t experience these symptoms. What I thought I would do over the next couple of days is go over the 2005-2007 exams and just re-writing (or summarizing) the CFAI answers to just get a feel for the writing that would score points. What do you guys think?

2005 so brutal. I am reviewing answers and they are just BRUTAL. I feel bad for all who took it in 2005

a girl at my work failed 2005. she got FREAKING OWNED. i saw the score report, oh man, so ugly. she dominated 2006 though. hopefully we will not get another turd test like 2005.

UAECFA - “I was drained doing them. I was tired and literally took breaks between each question, even breaks between a) b) c) I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this fatigue as well. My answers were also half-ass sometimes jotting just a few words down. Was really hard to focus on what the questions were asking and I didn’t spend the time necessary to adequately analyze the data given.” I was the same way - i worked one question at a time and then took breaks - I was so bored sh1tless by the exam - not that it wasnt hard but rather dull and I knew that I had to tap into 2400+ pages of reading to try and figure out what they wanted. I was exhasted by the end of it. I think test day you’ll have the attitude that THIS IS THE LAST ONE I HAVE TO DO OF THIS (QUESTION x QUESTION)… vs now which is “Man, I have several more tests like this to take + review + flash cards etc etc etc etc… this is going to be more that 6 hours”

I think Schwese makes their exams unnecessarily confusing… but if you can get a decent score on those, you are in good shape… Stalla was easier I thought… I found Schewer level 2 practice exams were tougher than the real thing, but I suppose that’s the idea.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2005 so brutal. I am reviewing answers and they > are just BRUTAL. I feel bad for all who took it in > 2005 yeah. I got owned on a few questions particularly. The last part about currencies looked cut and dry, got like 1/6 or something. Had an incorrect, but my justification sucked. Tough exam