I miss Level 2

I’m a first year MBA student at a decent school in my area. With the end of the second semester nearing, we’re all very busy. I’m busy with crap like a applied market research project, a managerial accounting presentation, and an operations paper. All of this is group work. I knew I’d have to plow through some snow to get to the cabin, but this group work and homework for the MBA is all a bunch of BS! Unfortunately this particular program is trying to build it’s marketing and leadership brand, so we’re stuck with a ton of group work. As I was using SPSS to run some regressions and boxplots for my applied market research project, I began thinking about the CFA. Oh what I would give to get back into the FCFF/FCFE, Temporal/Current, currency arb, among other things with Level 2. I’m quite disappointed with my MBA program. I’m learning quite a bit and meeting new people, but I feel as if a lot of this ‘work’ is not going to be beneficial to my goals and aspirations in the future. I also have no employment for the summer, so I’m a bit worried about my financial situation. While you all curse QBank and loathe these late weekend nights in front of the curriculum, rest assured that some are keeping late weekend hours toiling over much more worthless stuff than the CFA. I can’t wait for this semester to be done so I can proceed with my electives. For what it is worth, CFA>MBA. Keep at it guys. I expect to see none of you with me next June.

so nix the JD/MBA plans then? just do JD and keep at the CFA program?

Northeastern Student Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so nix the JD/MBA plans then? just do JD and keep > at the CFA program? I looked at the JD/MBA. I’m simply a MBA student, I have no desire to be a lawyer, but the law school education would be interesting.

Yeah I wasn’t a big fan of group projects in Uni either. Does your MBA program not have internships or help set up job placement.

Reggie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah I wasn’t a big fan of group projects in Uni > either. Does your MBA program not have internships > or help set up job placement. Sadly the career service department is quite worthless. They are not bringing many big named companies to campus. They help somewhat, but it is pretty generic.