I need counsel

I signed up for CFA level 1 on November 7th. I thought that this was the test for me but it turns out that this will probably be little use to me. So I decided to return my materials and asked for a refund/partial refund. They refused and they are being extremely difficult about the situation. Can someone offer some advice? I feel that they are being very infair. The test is not unitl June of 08 and its still December of 07.

Its a strict no return policy, move on.

yes. I understand that…well maybe i dont. ITs completely ridiculous. Its still very early. What is the purpose of this no return policy? I could understand if it was a month before the test or something like that. They do grant refunds for military service and “special circumstances”

The advice is that I assume you knew about the no-refund-policy when you signed up and ordered those books, so basically you’ve made an agreement with them to accept their no-refund-policy. You’ve lost the money, and that’s about all there is to say about it. Whether or not you find it ridiculous & illogical is besides the point.

Welcome to consequences of actions. Perhaps since the test is “so far away” you should have thought through you decision to sign up knowing full well that your circumstance for requesting a refund is anything but special. it sucks you wasted your money, but c’est la vie. Grad a drink and relax knowing you don’t have to face this demon of an exam this coming june.

David, every passing minute is a another chance to turn it all around. And just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

any chance they will let you sell someone your seat at the exam? Probably not, but it is worth asking.

DavidAames Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes. I understand that…well maybe i dont. ITs > completely ridiculous. Its still very early. > What is the purpose of this no return policy? I > could understand if it was a month before the test > or something like that. They do grant refunds for > military service and “special circumstances” So, you answered your own question. Enlist, get a CFA refund, tell the Army you were just kidding or gay, and get on with things.

Life is “infair”.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DavidAames Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > yes. I understand that…well maybe i dont. > ITs > > completely ridiculous. Its still very early. > > What is the purpose of this no return policy? > I > > could understand if it was a month before the > test > > or something like that. They do grant refunds > for > > military service and “special circumstances” > > So, you answered your own question. Enlist, get a > CFA refund, tell the Army you were just kidding or > gay, and get on with things. I think they’ll really like the “just kidding” part.

If you don’t mind a less-than-honorable discharge, getting out of the Armny is really easy. Just fail a drug test.

I wonder how many soldiers have turned gay to get out of the war in iraq?

I thought those soldiers were just transfered to the Navy (Ba-dum-dum)

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder how many soldiers have turned gay to get > out of the war in iraq? I don’t understand it. There are these kids scared out of their minds by IED’s and they can get out of it by walking up to their sargeant and saying “sarge, last night while I was smoking dope I was thinking about how attractive your [blah] is…” What’s the big deal?

What’s the big deal? Sargeant might just come out of the closet right then and there?

David, they do that so you don’t make copies of the books, refund your money, then sell/distribute the copies. Same policy at my university bookstore…its perfectly logical. Sorry dude

I never really got the whole thing about gays not in the military in the states. dude, your s*** out of luck. CFAI doesn’t exactly have a customer service desk like Wal-Mart, it would be nice to go down aisle 20 to get a charter though lol

You need counsel? Take CFA to small-claims court if you think this ordeal will impede you from retiring at 62. Just a friendly reminder that all evidence favors the Defense.

The books are only worth about $200 of the $600 registration fee, so you wouldn’t get much of a refund anyway. Since there’s nothing you can do about it, I would get the material a quick study and write it anyways. You never know what might happen.