I rejected a phone interview.....Did I make a blunder?

It depends but generally I think that face to face interviews are much more effective (both ways).

thanx all

I think you made the right move. If they weren’t interested and blowing you off they never would have brought you into the office. Plus, there’s a pretty good premium for a Dr in pharma research based on what I know. Just be aware of the sexual shenanigans involved with a face-to-face.

LOL

IT WENT WRONG…I THINK I SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH THE TELEPHONE INTERVIEW!!! I was told that two people would be interviewing me face-to-face, when they set up the interview. At the beginning of the interview, the first interviewer told me that he would interview me for 20-30 mins and then the second interviewer would interview me for another 20-30 mins. 10 mins into the first interview, a secretary comes into the room and tells us that the second interviewer has had to go somewhere, so will not be able to come. The first interviewer looks stunned (he has only been at the company for a month himself), and says that he was with her only 10 mins ago. He then drags the interview on for 50 mins, but he looks bored and after the first 20 mins, he looks as if he is making questions up on the spot to fill the time. At the end of the interview, he says that they will tell me tomorrow (Friday), but not heard back yet. Am expecting a rejection. I made the effort to suggest a face-to-face interview, which they agreed to and then I travelled 130 miles to attend this interview. This shows a lack of courtesy…right? I SHOULD HAVE STUCK TO THE TELEPHONE INTERVIEW!!!

I don’t think you were wrong. As I said, they had someone else in mind already. There is nothing you can do. Sorry about that… :frowning: