I spend too much time concerning myself of the irrelevant

Examples: I’ll start thinking what if I could would I push the test back into July. I start thinking of the pros and cons and how I could work my vacation schedule in order to fit it in. Or whether I’ll take a coin flip to decide whether or not I pass. I’ll start calculating my current odds of passing. Then I’ll have a mental debate whether I’d still choose to take the test despite the better odds of the coin flip. In short: It finally happened. I have lost my mind.

Hey man, I’m sure most of us are in the same boat since we’ve made it this far. I can’t say that I’ve done any of the above, but I have thought about how much time, especially vacation days, I’ve sunk into this thing. Every minute spent not studying is not studying.

pink i now may have to go to chicago for work next week. go cubs! i’m sure it’ll do wonders for my studying.

Oh wow really. Where will you be at? Maybe we can do lunch. Have your people call my people.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey man, I’m sure most of us are in the same boat > since we’ve made it this far. I can’t say that > I’ve done any of the above, but I have thought > about how much time, especially vacation days, > I’ve sunk into this thing. > > Every minute spent not studying is not studying. dude you post on this forum more than anyone else

I can’t believe how mentally exhausted I am at this point. You’d think the possibility of being finished for good in three weeks would be motivation enough, but I’m just completely drained. To answer your questions- I wouldn’t push the exam back, as I can barely last until June anyway, and I wouldn’t take the coin flip. I still have my confidence… at least 51% of it remains

sbmarti2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t believe how mentally exhausted I am at > this point. You’d think the possibility of being > finished for good in three weeks would be > motivation enough, but I’m just completely > drained. > > To answer your questions- I wouldn’t push the exam > back, as I can barely last until June anyway, and > I wouldn’t take the coin flip. I still have my > confidence… at least 51% of it remains Aversion to ambiguity.

Risk seeking behaviour, with maybe a touch of overconfidence? I think it’s the opposite of aversion to ambiguity here as I am choosing an uncertain percentage chance over a certain percentage pass rate. However, I’ve done well on the past two exams (passed both, obviously), so maybe it’s representativeness. Edit: Definitely aversion to ambiguity if I don’t take the coin flip because the percentages are not known. No chance in hell am I taking that gamble. Edit again: It’s a coin flip- if I don’t know the percentages I’ve got bigger problems than whether I’ll pass this exam. Honestly, it’s too late for this, haha.