I started

Yep, read SS11 this AM. Did a few of the SS11 CFAI book problems, will finish either later today or tomorrow (prob tomorrow as I’m going to a BBQ/pool party all afternoon!)- 28 q’s, one of the longer #'s of problems in the text, lots of reinforcement. Good news for re-takers, quant is I think 100% the same. All end of chapter problems are the same, except they don’t put “2006 test questions” there anymore b/c they do ask the same questions but shorten answers to only 3 solutions as to comply with the new testing procedures. I’m finding it easier to read 2nd time around- going faster, filling in some gaping quant holes that I have. Just planning on SS11 this weekend, going nice and slow, quant all of Sept, Econ Oct, FI Nov is the plan and get back into FSA/Eq come Dec/Jan when I turn things up a notch. Back in the game though. Slow and steady.

kudos, that’s being a trooper bannisja.

coool banni… The captain leads it’s way to victory this June.

good job buddy. mentor us newbies. I dont want this test to “pull a deliverance” on me next june.

banni, your over achieving is making us all look bad :slight_smile:

Impressive. I’ve decided to give myself another 3 months before I even pick up a book. Personally, I just can’t study at a leisurely pace. Goodluck!

nice nice…i was feeling a bit weird about starting now. like it wouldnt help starting this early. but the more i think about it. i started early for level one and it definitely makes the last couple months before the exam less stressful. inside you know you started early and most people didnt so there is that level of confidence

Early start! I am sure you will nail it next June, bannisja.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yep, read SS11 this AM. Did a few of the SS11 > CFAI book problems, will finish either later today > or tomorrow (prob tomorrow as I’m going to a > BBQ/pool party all afternoon!)- 28 q’s, one of the > longer #'s of problems in the text, lots of > reinforcement. Good news for re-takers, quant is > I think 100% the same. All end of chapter > problems are the same, except they don’t put “2006 > test questions” there anymore b/c they do ask the > same questions but shorten answers to only 3 > solutions as to comply with the new testing > procedures. I’m finding it easier to read 2nd > time around- going faster, filling in some gaping > quant holes that I have. Just planning on SS11 > this weekend, going nice and slow, quant all of > Sept, Econ Oct, FI Nov is the plan and get back > into FSA/Eq come Dec/Jan when I turn things up a > notch. > > Back in the game though. Slow and steady. =========================================== all the best girl

I highly doubt you need much more studying to pass L2. Most of the effort would be going into maintenance of the information that is naturally subject to a high decay rate. If you took the exam again on June 8th this year, there’s a decent chance you would have passed, considering you were a band 10. Have you considered studying for L3 in the meantime? Seems like studying for L3 at a very leisurely pace for the next 10 months will free up a lot of time for you in 2009-2010.

sublimity- thanks for the boost of confidence but I don’t think I’m going to touch L3 anything until I have gotten a screen saying PASS with L2 and/or a REGISTER FOR L3 link. there’s enough material on this level to keep me busy for a long, long time. jalmy8- we’ll catch up in Feb/March when you go into overdrive and I’m still slow and steady… you and dinesh will catch up to me in no time. all of you new comers hopefully can work with me til then as you embark on this joy.

bannisja, jalmy8 - I will join you guys Jan/Feb onwards. I am going real hard for my GRE starting today till Dec. The 3500 words from Barron’s are so so esoteric!

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bannisja, jalmy8 - I will join you guys Jan/Feb > onwards. I am going real hard for my GRE starting > today till Dec. The 3500 words from Barron’s are > so so esoteric! =========================================== dinesh glad you are not backing off , you will surely kill this test next year

But I yet have to register. There is still chance of me dropping out from now till Sept24th. I personally feel, the 2nd time is not going to be as much difficult as the 1st time was, so worth giving a try again, nevertheless.

dinesh, don’t make me go down there and register you myself… because I will if it comes to that. good luck on the GRE’s- I’m sure you’ll do well, you erudite, sagacious, (insert vocab word of the day) mo’ fo’ you.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But I yet have to register. There is still chance > of me dropping out from now till Sept24th. > > cmon dude, this is BS. you know it. sign up. i know i dont know you the way these others dudes from level 2 '08 do, but you have the material fresh in your head now. in 2010 you will not. makes no sense to postpone these tests. you have to keep banging em out. cuz a girl at a bar says no, do you give up??? one does not. tear into that with teeth and no is just a precursor to yes. keep going and go sign up and tear this exam a new one next june.

bannisja…thats an awesome start. i was giving myself the labor day weekend as solace before i begin. i start readings tomorrow!

Bannisja: Welcome back to the game. Despite the naysayers, starting earlier and going slow and steady makes for much better retention than starting later and cramming. It also means not having to give up all semblance of a life. I’m sure you’ll nail it this time around (along with the dinesh and jalmy).

haha… bannisja good words for the day. Did you K.O.'ed Quant already? Mate daj - I was not talking about postponing the exam. It’s either register and do it now or just walk out of the battlefiled and hide under the watertub thinking CFA was never for me. Think later suits me much better. Nevertheless and for what’s it worth - will register and sign my life away for yet another miserable 3 months of L2.

Dinesh… good choice.