I wonder if...

I wonder if this is what it feels like when a tornado destroys your home and you’re standing there looking at a bare slab of concrete trying to figure out what the fuck just happened? I failed L2 last year after 300 hours of disciplined study using schweser. I did another 300 hours this year, all of my Schweser test scores were between 70 and 85…my mock CFA test was a 72…I was as prepared as I could have been given the constraints of full time job, wife, kids, house, little league, school plays etc. I walk into the test, AM is great so I know the PM will bring great suffering…it doesn’t disappoint. I leave feeling like I failed. Then CFAI pulls some shit like this 2 days before results are out. Classic. I hope I didn’t bomb, but it sure doesn’t feel good right now. If I failed…I’ll get back on it. Like the old saying goes, it’s not how many times you fall off the horse that matters…it’s how many times you get back on.

I think we all feel the same way. Were you able to see if you had the L3 link this afternoon?

I didn’t get the link so it’s inconclusive. Either I failed and they rightfully reset my L2 registration, or they hadn’t gotten around to me yet. Who knows.

That’s some impressive dedication… I think you should get an honary CFA. :slight_smile:

Greenspan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder if this is what it feels like when a > tornado destroys your home and you’re standing > there looking at a bare slab of concrete trying to > figure out what the fuck just happened? > > I failed L2 last year after 300 hours of > disciplined study using schweser. I did another > 300 hours this year, all of my Schweser test > scores were between 70 and 85…my mock CFA test > was a 72…I was as prepared as I could have been > given the constraints of full time job, wife, > kids, house, little league, school plays etc. > > I walk into the test, AM is great so I know the PM > will bring great suffering…it doesn’t > disappoint. I leave feeling like I failed. > > Then CFAI pulls some shit like this 2 days before > results are out. Classic. > > I hope I didn’t bomb, but it sure doesn’t feel > good right now. > > If I failed…I’ll get back on it. Like the old > saying goes, it’s not how many times you fall off > the horse that matters…it’s how many times you > get back on. i saw your score last year, greenspan… probably the closest call i have seen that ended up on the wrong side of the mps. i hope you pass this year, bro.

Greenspan, I feel your pain as I also failed last year and also saw no Level 3 link.

It was great to get excited about the L3 registration but as time goes by it seems like a glitch that I am less willing to read into. By tommorow morning I should be right back Fridays anxiety level. Same scenario as you Greenspan. 2nd time around, taking away 400 hours from wife and child.

Skin - go chill out with the wife and kids. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one and in this case it looks like CFAI just forgot to shut the curtains before getting busy. You should be good to go.

i think there’s an excellent chance it was some sort of glitch with no bearing.

Thanks I would like nothing better but they wont let me out of the basement until Tuesday…or possibly next June.

skin629 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks I would like nothing better but they wont > let me out of the basement until Tuesday…or > possibly next June. Can you blame them? :slight_smile:

greenspan- i hope for your sake that this is not doom and gloom for the L2 registration without a checkmark folks, but you are right about your horse… get back on and tell your wifey that you’re going to know FCFE/FCFF like the bad mo fo that you are. i told my mom, my best friend, and my roommate that i failed today and all of them were pretty great about it. they know i’ll get back up and take it again and pass. it is painful to have to give up that many more hours for the same level test though. but nobody said this was going to be easy. we’ve got a good core group of re-takers (if this indicator is true) now and we’ll regroup and figure out an attack plan for 2009. someone is going to have to teach me quant b/c i’m not going to ignore the problem anymore. again, big congrats to all here who did work their $sses off and crushed it. i’m like alicia sacramone and you guys are nastia and shawn-john. it’s cool, you’re winners, but i’m still kind of cute and lovable. U-S-A, U-S-A…

Not at all…I didn’t give the exam a second thought for the last 2 months and then last Tuesday I started going batsh*t…we just moved ( actually closed on June 6th) and I decided last week that I couldnt stand the panelling in our family room so I started tearing it down like Bob Villa on meth…suffice to say the dog house is too good for me until Tuesday