IB Application Stats

Is there a site that shows the statistics on the number of applicants, applicant pool breakdown (eg. gender, undergrad vs. grad) to major Investment Banks? Thx.

check out www.wallstreetoasis.com if you haven’t already. That is iBanking heaven, and if you search the forums you will get a good idea for want you want.

rockstar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there a site that shows the statistics on the > number of applicants, applicant pool breakdown > (eg. gender, undergrad vs. grad) to major > Investment Banks? Thx. Don’t view it as a numbers game. It really is not. Most of the applicants are dog s***.

do you really think banks are hiring right now (or even in the remotely near future)? Not only are they not hiring, they are firing across the board, and rescinding job offers made to 2008 grads. This is a very, very dark time in I-banking. I would look elsewhere for employment

As strange as it may sound, my bank has equity research interns starting next week and full timers coming in August.

my friend just finished Langone and started last week at Lehman making 130k Assoc. base.

Yeah in my hood junior bankers get hired all the time. they hire the young ones to do the grunt work, and fire the ones getting to expensive. kinda like mcdonald’s. I don’t know about US or other countries, but in Canada, the minimum wage is $8/hr (well it was when I was in high school years back… I think it still is around there), and employers can pay employees $6/hr for the first 500 hours if they have never had work experience before. So, McDonald’s always hires 15-16 year olds because they are cheap. I mean, banks are pretty comparable to McDonald’s, no? :slight_smile:

Mez Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > check out www.wallstreetoasis.com if you haven’t > already. That is iBanking heaven, and if you > search the forums you will get a good idea for > want you want. Thanks Mez