ibanking boot camp

Has anyone heard about the ibanking bootcamp? Does this really help you resume and do you gain good knowledge from attending one of these retreats? I know they are counted as credits for CFA and CPA’s but I just wonder how people in the industry view it?

are you refering to this? http://www.ibtraining.com/

Yes I am, what do you think about it or heard about it?

what does it cost?

about 2000 but there is another co that allows for a self study program for about 300. The retreat for 2k also assists with interviewing and its more interactive off course.

Yeah I’m wondering what the cost is. I completed WSP’s self study course which costs about $450 (less if you are able to refer others for discounts), but their live classroom training courses cost like $2000. That’s just too much in my opinion. Also, this ibtraining website seems to push their ability to land you a position based simply on the fact that you finished their course. That sounds very attractive, but highly suspect.

it’s not worth it, that just me… they only gave you powerpoint slides and some sample model excel templates for the classes. the stuff they teach are all the stuff i know… as for the personal career development part… i asked the people over there if they can help me improve my interview skills and they told me the personal guidance will cost extra… that’s on top of the 2 grand i already paid them in the first place (there are 8 classes for 1 month)… three simple words: not worth it…

o yea, if you see the instructors, they’re working basically the second tier banks, and one of the candidate is a level II candidate… which is us, so do you want to pay 2 grand for somebody like you to teach your self… go with http://www.wallst-training.com/ All the top banks use their service for all the incoming I bank class. The instructor Hamilton Lin is the most hardcore ever in terms of excel training… don’t even think abt touching the mouse during class

How did you like it? how much did it cost?

the second one i didnt attend, it’s recommended by one of my friend from CS. the website will let you know abt the cost… or if not, call them.

oh btw, if anybody are interested in the ib bootcamp study materials, i might be able to find it for you… just shoot me an email at lazymountain2000@yahoo.com

I would like it, my email is a7m002@yahoo.com

rf040234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > o yea, if you see the instructors, they’re working > basically the second tier banks, and one of the > candidate is a level II candidate… which is us, > so do you want to pay 2 grand for somebody like > you to teach your self… go with > http://www.wallst-training.com/ > > All the top banks use their service for all the > incoming I bank class. The instructor Hamilton Lin > is the most hardcore ever in terms of excel > training… don’t even think abt touching the > mouse during class I heard good stuff about this guy, he taught a weekend course at my alma mater but I never jumped on the opportunity. He also teaches at NYSSA I believe.

rf040234, I love the way you use ‘abt’ instead of about, it sets you apart from the crowd. Did you pick that up in HL’s class (notice how I used HL instead of Hamilton Lin?). When I grow up, I want to be just like you! I am sure you, like, rock, dude!!!

thanks fourcastles, i just don’t have enough time to type that’s all… u know, typing in this forum while working might not be the best interest for my boss… lol