if all of you scoring around 70, who is scoring less

How come everyone around this forum is scoring in excess or around 70. I don’t understand, who will fail the exam if each of you pass it given the empirical probability that only 40% pass it.

people like me who never read the questions carefully enough!

1 Like

this forum is a small sample of the entire cfa candidate population. most people on the forum pass. and there are thousands of others who haven’t adequately prepared and will fail.

I will fail :frowning:

Most people on the forum are freakin good and i hope they pass, but given my preparation i am going to more than surprised if i make it.

HA ya right strange your ready buddy! be positive!

selection bias you only saw those above 70% and made a conclusion :slight_smile:

i scored 65% on the CFA institute sample #2 but i’m going to chalk it up to it being 4am because all my other scores are in the 70’s-80’s p.s. still feel like i am going to fail

My wisdom tooth yesterday started to hurt… I hope it will stop otherwise I am fu&%d!

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My wisdom tooth yesterday started to hurt… I > hope it will stop otherwise I am fu&%d! i was supposed to go in for an appointment this week i have a temporary filling that needs to be finished i postponed the appointment until after the exam i hope it doesn’t fuck me over

i got my car checked up today. don’t want any hangups there since i’ll be driving for about 45 min in the morning to get to the test site.

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i got my car checked up today. don’t want any > hangups there since i’ll be driving for about 45 > min in the morning to get to the test site. Thanks for reminding me, I knew I was forgetting something :slight_smile: … have to drive 40 miles

It may be too late, but MAKE SURE YOUR ID DOES NOT EXPIRE before exam date. They will not allow the papers and a clipped license.

Ya’ll know I did crappy on the practices. I have a 50/50 chance I am sure.

same boat here … still in the mid 60s … :frowning: also I had to go on a business trip last week, and I just had the time for small review hope to see everyone on L2 next year

You have to assume that a very large number of that failing 60% have no business taking the exam come test day. With lvl 1, you have a lot of people who think they can ‘wing it’. People on this forum, going crazy, drilling questions – it’s a self-selected population of people who are trying hard an will do much better than the average test takeR!

i agree mcf. i’ve only been studying for 2 weeks now. i don’t deserve to pass.

A lot of it also comes down to people’s test taking abilities. For some people, they may be some of the brightest ones in the world but they freeze when put on the spot and they have to take a 6 hour exam. Some people excel in those positions and actually do better under pressure (like the last minute crammers). If you don’t get stressed very easily, you will do better than some people just because of that quality. If you do, then you need to put in extra time studying just to compensate for it. Also, there are lots of non-native English speakers taking the exam all over the world. As we have all seen, the wording of some of the questions are tricky if we are native English speakers, imagine the ones that are not.

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i scored 65% on the CFA institute sample #2 > > but i’m going to chalk it up to it being 4am > because all my other scores are in the 70’s-80’s > > p.s. still feel like i am going to fail I got a 58% on a CFAI exam 3 days before the real deal. I still passed.

Do you guys think its selection bias, as in naturally people who do well (get 70 or above) will post and therefore it’s the posts we actually see?