IF Formula Excel Question

I have an excel question and I just cant seem to figure this out. I would appreciate if anyone could help out. I have a bunch of numbers in a column and I want to assign a letter to each based on the following 4 categories: if a number is less than 1 million, the column next to it should show A if it is 1-5 mil, B if it is 5-25 mil, C if it is greater than 25 mil, D I have the following formula but its only picking up A for less than a mil and B for everything greater than 1 mil. =IF(I8<1000000,H1,IF(100000025000000,K1)))) Where H1=A I1 = B J1 = C K1 = D Can anyone help? Thanks

Your problem is that Excel can’t read your syntax of "X=25000000,K1)))) Notice that I added greater than or equal to 25M; if not for that, the formula would miss any cells that contain exactly 25M.

Segment the less than’s. the if statement should work: if (and(I8>1million,I8<5million), then, else) right now excel says I8 is greater than a million = true, then true<5000000, so false. Hope that clears it up. Also, per Young_Prof add the equals to include values falling directly on your cutoff

That worked! Thanks guys.

ok newbie question here, Is there a hotkey for the fill function?? Im getting sick of having to touch the mouse everytime I need to fill in a cell with a function…

ctrl-D fills down, ctrl-r fills right.

I mean when you want to drag a function (by holding the bottom/right dot of the cell) along a row/column to fill in the area with that function/formula with a mouse…not ctrl-D/R…

It’s the same thing. nOOOOb!

wow youre right, haha thanks

here is the list of common excel shortcuts http://www.wallst-training.com/WST_Excel_Shortcuts.pdf and other free resources http://www.wallst-training.com/resources.html

wall street is training great… anyway you can Ctrl R without formatting?

commstudent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I mean when you want to drag a function (by > holding the bottom/right dot of the cell) along a > row/column to fill in the area with that > function/formula with a mouse…not > ctrl-D/R… You may be looking for fill series. Available at alt +eis.